Chapter 2 *Misunderstandings*

When I finally got up, I held the Orb close against my chest. I felt a warm feeling being emitted from the Orb, like a wave of power washing over me. My heart beat started in sync to the waves of energy that washed over me. I was walking and for only a moment until the symbol started to glow brighter, just as I had turned a corner I ran smack into something.

"I'M SO SORRY! Please excuse me." I looked up to see the Highway man looking down at me a look of despair and detest on his face, for an odd reason I was less weary of him. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Watch where you're going bitch." Never mind, still acting like a bastard. Ignoring the fact I'm on my ass again the highway man left me on the ground and vanished from my sight. God, hope I don't run into him anymore. I only heard rumours about him, guess his attitude checks out.

I stood up and checked the Orb. Intact. Good, if it was just even the tiniest of scratches he'd literally kill me. I wrapped my arms around it tightly as I approached my house. I saw a silhouette of Kaya in the kitchen and Fait on the living room sitting on the window seat with her book club probably. Well hope they won't notice the Orb. Since my primary weapon is my Katar's they will know it's not mine. And no doubt they'll know it's his.

Just before I could open the door it was opened for me. A energetic Kaya peeks out and has a large smile plastered to her face. "LULU! We saw the K.O." She moved aside to let me in, I scooted past her and almost tripped on Onyx's outstretched foot.

"You not hurt so badly are you?" I shook my head and that's when I realised Kaya's eyes had noticed the Orb in my arms. "Why do you have Dusk's Orb?"

"DID YOU STEAL IT!?"

"WHAT? NO!" Now at this point Munin, Fait and Onyx where all looking at me with curiosity with confusion written on their faces. "H-he gave it to me~"

I muttered so quietly that none of them could hear me but Kaya, for a split second she pouted and then coughed. "Alright. You know he'll come back for it right?"

"Yes. It's was his way to promise me that he'll be back." Onyx rolled her eyes and went back to reading Indiana Jones book, Fait shrugged as Kaya eyed Dusk's Orb in my arms. "You okay Kaya?"

Her face changed and she smiled softly and nodded a whisper to her response. "Yeah, I'm okay."

Lies. I knew something was wrong. I couldn't remember much at the start of my 1 vs 1 with Dusk. I could remember that we both had lost a few of our stocks, I lost two. He'd lost one. I was still getting used to my Katars and Spear when he started talking shit to make me lose my focus on the battle... "Thats it!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. Even Artemis peeked out of her new portal that appeared in the center of the room. No doubt underneath that helmet she had an eyebrow raised and a confused look on her face. "What's it?"

Shit. "I uhh~" I can't believe that I forgot that Dusk previously acted so horribly towards me during my battle with him. I had gotten my Katars and he held a bomb in his hand, tossing it side to side switching from hand to his other hand, he smirked and spoke with deep resentment in his voice. "What's wrong bitch? Don't remember how to use those?"

I remember screaming at him. "Fuck you to!"

"Why you little" He narrowed his eyes and said something that struck me deeper than anything someone had ever said to me. "I HATE YOU!"

I froze in surprise and that's when he threw the bomb. I was so downed by his words that I dogged too soon and it hit me smack in the chest.

"LULU! Wake up!" Kaya was shaking my shoulders as Dusk peered at me from behind her, my face turned into an unexpected frown and I turned my head away now angry at myself for getting so excited about him.

"Hey now, what's the face for?" I turned my back to him my arms crossed awkwardly around his Orb that I still held. "Lulu. What's wrong?"

"Oh I don't know." Dusk put a hand on my shoulder and forced me to go out the front door and grab my chin making me look at him.

"You're angry" I suppose I was, no. I AM angry. "Why?"

"You know why. Use your brain idiot." His expression seemed to soften as he removed his hand from my chin.

"Is it because of our battle? The bomb?" What an idiot. He has no clue does he? "Lulu, please tell me..."

I spoke bitterly and he froze at my bitterness towards him."I hate you."

"Y-you do..?" He spoke softly and his grin intensified with a deep smile.

"Are you crazy?! You bastered!" Dusk looked surprised and confused.

"You said that you hate me! And you have the audacity to come to my home!" Dusk looked down knowing something was wrong with what he had said to me, but he actually looked confused.

Suddenly I realised that he was always told I hate you by Ember and Ragnir. I began to wonder if he thought this men't something else entirely.

"What do you think I hate you means..?" He blushed, when shrugged and that's when I knew.

"Dusk did you mean to say that you love me?" He looked at me and rubbed the back of his head.

"Maybe? I was always told I hate you. Every single time somebody spoke to me it was almost always I hate you. I thought it men't they liked me" I couldn't even believe the situation that I was in, I mistakenly assumed that when he said I hate you. He truly men't I love you...

"That would explain why you got so angry at me suddenly Lulu" He laughed as he walked closer, the palm of his hand touched my cheek. "I'm sorry if I hurt you in any kind of way."

When he turned his head ever so slightly he leaned closer and alarm bells went off in my head as his lips brushed the tip of my nose. Shit! He's going to kiss me...

————
So, don't mind me. I may or may not rewrite this story or chapter eventually. As you can see. (I think) The word count is 1147 words. Not all of the chapters will be as long as this one. Spaces and numbers don't count. Only the actual words do.