Chapter 3

On our way to Austin's band practice, I could see him staring at me in the corner of my eye. I got tickled and said, "You know it's not polite to stare." I glanced over to him and he lightly giggled and responded, "Yeah. Just trying to figure out what I'm looking at." He snorted and started laughing. I punched his arm lightly and giggled. "You're a meany, Aus. But seriously, why are you staring at me?" I keep my eyes peeled to the road, afraid to know his response.

Before he could answer, we pulled into the driveway of his band mates, Alan, house. I look to the door way and then to Austin. "Well, we're here. Come on before your band starts to get mad." He smiles and gets out if the car, and I follow. I stay behind him, letting him go ahead. The way he walks is perfection. 'Snap out of it, Ash.' I look up and next thing I know, I have someone come up behind me and hug me.

At the corner of my eye, I can see the ginger, cat loving, small Alan Ashby hugging me. I giggle and say, "Hey, Ashby! It's feels like forever since we've seen one another!" I turn around and give him a bear hug. Alan and I have known one another for as long as Austin and I have. We all grew up together, though I was closer to Alan than I was to Austin. Reason being is because he knows how much I love Austin and he's the only one I go to about it.