Epilogue

Two Months later…

Everything has just been awkward and I don't know, I have no emotions anymore my feelings are totally blank. It took me time to realise I'm back to my dream(home), the one thing I've been longing for.

I no longer eat meals that were prepared for me when I was kidnapped, so that I don't remember the horrible two months when I was kidnapped. I don't even talk to my mom, I'm still mad at her for no specific reasons yet.

I spend my day with Carmela and my new boyfriend, then I fix time to do all the things I've missed while I was away, and it helped with clouding my thoughts from thinking opposite.

I later learnt that Xyelia was studying in my school and was in my faculty, I asked her closets friend s if they knew anything about her, but they said she was always on her own and drowning in her scars, that she never told them anything wrong about her.

I look at myself in the mirror, I'll be going out with Carmela for a concert.

A knock on the door and I swivel my head to the door. Ugh… it's my mom, I turn my head back to the mirror. Checking out my dress I've already checked for the sixth time.

“Carmela just stepped in.” my mom informs.

“Tell her I'll be down in a giffy.”

“Okay.” she says, but she didn't budge to move.

“Mom, I said I'll be down  Asap.” instead, she steps into my room fully and sits on my bed.

“Can we have a daughter, mother talk Jazzlyn. You've been acting mad at me since you settled in? Please.”

“There's nothing we need to talk about mom. I'm cool we are better off cool.”

“Is there anything you were told when you were under his captive?”

“No.” I sternly say.

Yes. Alot.

“Honey, tell me what he said to you?”

“he said nothing too me mom.” I retort and face her.

“Ask me anything in mind and I'll answer it, sincerely.” there.

“If I ask you, you'll answer sincerely?” my mom nods.

“Did you try terminating me when I was still a feotus in your womb.?”

Silence.

There it goes, guilt plastered on her face.

“Mom?”

“To be honest, yes I did. And I regret.” she answers with hurt, her face changes to a sad expression as tears gathers at the brim of her eyes.

“Why? Because you loved him? And not me?”

“It's not like that.” she rush her words.

“Then, how was it?” I spit out.

“Honey, Cornard was never the father of you. I got to find out the day I went for a test result and i was more than happy. The reason why I wanted to terminate you was because, I thought you were the baby too him, I didn't want to train a child that'll be like him, I was to afraid that's how the situation would turn out to be. After hearing about the dirty things he's been doing his past life, I started regretting why I never listened to my parents, I regretted ever lending him a helping hand that night, I regret all of it, falling for him, I regretted it all. He loved me so much but he was too possessive for my liking.”

“Then who was the father of me?”

“He's dead. Cornard killed him few days later after I finding out the baby didn't belong to him and a random guy instead. That's why I'd to take responsibility and escape with you the next day so that you won't die in the hands of the monster. He loved me so much, but he never cared and loved the things I loved, it painted me.” she sniffs and wipes her tears with the back of her hand. “I'm sorry honey, for everything. For the dirty things I said about you while you were in my womb, you mean a lot too since I had you, a great blessing, and you'll always be.”

“What if this another make up lie.” I snut.

“It can never be, I'm your mom, trust me. I'll never make up a lie for you too get back with me, I deserve it anyways.”

I pull my mom into a tight hug and path her back as she sobbed continuously.

“I love you mom. And thanks for not leaving or giving up on me.”

“I love you too, honey.” she sniffs.

We hear a loud bang on the door and we break apart. Carmela is standing on the door frame looking pissed of already.

“Aww, that was so cute. But sorry too interrupt your reconciliation. But, Jazzlyn we are five minutes late.” she deadpan, more like angry.

The End.