04

HOTEL CAESAR AUGUSTUS
capri, italy
september 4, 2024
wednesday
10am

cailee, who spent the night in my villa threw a pillow at me as i was completely engulfed in whatever was on my phone.

"what?" i said, startled by the sudden impact of the pillow.

cailee, who was still in her pajamas and looked like she had just woken up, rolled her eyes at me. "you're still glued to your phone at this hour? you've been looking at it all night."

i let out a sigh and put down my phone. "i wasn't up all night on my phone. i did sleep." i said.

she nodded. "what's so important on there anyway?"

"well you know theo..." i replied, feeling a twinge of excitement at the mention of his name.

her eyebrows shot up, clearly amused by my answer. "duh."

"we had a beautiful talk after the shoot, and i was just learning more about him." i said.

she raised her eyebrows. "you were learning more about him on your phone? like you were texting him?"

i held out my phone which was opened to a google search of 'theo james.'

i heard cailee burst into laughter as she shook her head. "you're ridiculous. i should have known you would be obsessed with someone like him." she said, getting up from my bed. "anyway, i need coffee."

"i'm not obsessed, but i don't know...i could see myself really liking him. like genuinely." i admitted.

she gave me a skeptical look. "yeah okay," she said in a teasing tone. "he's cute, sure, but you have a bad track record."

i rolled my eyes, annoyed that she was calling me out on my past dating mistakes.

i knew she had a point, i had a habit of backing out of relationships when committing got too much. but i felt like theo was different. there was something about him that made me want to take a risk and pursue something more with him. "i know my history with guys is sketchy, but i promise i'm not gonna mess this up." i replied.

cailee snorted, as if she didn't believe me. "yeah right." she said. "we'll see how long this one lasts."

i frowned, feeling slightly offended that she didn't believe in me. "cailee, seriously. this time is different. i'm not gonna mess this up." i insisted.

she rolled her eyes, and i could tell she was starting to get frustrated with me. "okay whatever. does he know you like him?"

i shook my head, feeling embarrassed. "not yet. but i'm planning to tell him the next time i see him." i replied, my heart racing a little just at the thought of confessing my feelings to him.

she looked at me with a smirk. "good luck with that, you're gonna need it."

i groaned and threw myself back onto my bed, feeling discouraged by her words. "thanks, cailee. your confidence in me is overwhelming." i said sarcastically. i was beginning to regret telling her about my feelings for theo.

after finishing my conversation with cailee, i decided to take a shower. i stepped into the luxurious bathroom, the walls made of cream-colored stone. the room was equipped with a spa bathtub, a double sink with polished golden faucets, and a spacious walk-in shower.

i peeled off my clothes and turned on the water, the hot spray hitting my skin. i stood there for a few moments, letting the water wash away the stress of the day.

as i scrubbed myself clean with the expensive-smelling soap, i thought about theo and how i was going to tell him how i felt. would he be receptive to my confession? or would he reject me and end our friendship?