08

HOTEL CAESAR AUGUSTUS
capri, italy
september 8, 2024
sunday
3pm

cailee and i were doing a pilates session in the living room of my villa with a private trainer. i had no clue how lorena set this up, but that's why i love her, she gets things done.

i was currently lying flat on my back, sweat dripping down my forehead as i was struggling to keep up with the exercises. cailee, on the other hand, was handling them like a pro, her lithe and toned body moving with ease.

the private trainer was counting out the reps in quick, precise italian, encouraging us to push harder.

"just three more reps, you've got this," the trainer said, his accent thick. he stood next to me, watching my form carefully.

i gritted my teeth and forced myself to push through the burn in my muscles, completing the last three reps with a huff.

just then lorena walked in, her eyes glued to her notebook which i recognized to be her book full of my schedule.

"perfect timing," i said, sitting up and wiping my forehead with a towel.

she looked up and smiled. "i need to run tonight's plans by you." she said, already flipping through the pages.

i nodded, signaling for her to go ahead.

she cleared her throat, starting to read off the list. "you have a phone interview with billboard at five, then hair and makeup at six. after that, you have a club party to attend at seven and then dinner at nine. you should be back at the hotel by ten-thirty." she closed her notebook and looked at me. "does all of that sound alright?"

"dinner at nine? with who?" i questioned.

she smirked. "didn't you see the note?" she said as she grabbed a letter that was on my entry table which she handed me.

it was a hand written letter from theo, inviting me to dinner at nine. i smiled softly and shook my head. "i didn't see that, i'm glad i did now."

cailee was stretching in the background and i could faintly hear the trainer packing up supplies in his bag.

"dinner at nine with theo? that's perfect." i said as i folded up the letter carefully and placed it on the coffee table. "now this billboard interview...makes zero sense. i'm not a musician."

"i know you don't understand why billboard is wanting to interview you," lorena stated, "but they're one of the few magazines that always gives positive press, so i told them we would do it." she then looked at her notebook once more. "oh and! sabrina carpenter wants you to be in her new music video, if you could give her a call."

my eyebrows shot up in surprise. "sabrina wants me in her music video?" i asked, shocked at the news. "that's great!" i said as i thought about my good friend, sabrina, though i was a bit surprised by her choice of picking me.

"don't look so surprised. you're hot right now, everyone wants you." lorena said.

i smiled slightly, her words bringing up my confidence. "well, hot or not, i'm still surprised. but there's no way i'm saying no. i'll reach out to her people right now about it. and as for the makeup and hair..."

lorena nodded. "now get showered and make that call. interview is at five!" she called out before leaving.

i let out a huff and leaned back onto my yoga mat, feeling tired and sore already. cailee stood up and offered me her hand, "big day ahead of you." she said.

"tell me about it," i said, taking her hand and letting her help me up.

the pilates session had definitely wiped me out, and on top of that i still had the interview, hair, makeup, the club, and then dinner with theo to get through.