09

THE CLIFF
capri, italy
september 9, 2024
monday
10am

"i'm honestly very scared." i said as i looked down at the water below. theo really expected me to jump down there. "what if i like...hit my head on the bricks?" i then shook my head. "yeah, i can't do this."

he chuckled as i voiced my concerns. "come on, you'll be fine." he said, standing next to me. "nothing bad is going to happen. it's just a small jump."

i looked down nervously at the water below us. the cliff we were standing at was not extremely high, but it was still high enough that if i did the wrong jump, i could hurt myself. i looked over at theo who still had that damn reassuring smile on his face.

"look," i sighed out. "i know you want today to be full of adventures but..."

"but what?" he asked, folding his arms defiantly. my eyes scanned his tan built figure. with his arms folded over his chest, he was showing off his muscles.

i took a deep breath, struggling to force my gaze away from his body and maintain the conversation. "fine, but jump with me."

"alright, deal." he said without a single hint of hesitation. of course. he wasn't scared, no, he was probably excited actually.

"seriously?" i said, genuinely surprised by his lack of hesitation. "jump with me?" i questioned, just to be sure.

he smiled and nodded. "yes, seriously." he said, still with that annoyingly reassuring smile. "i'll be right next to you the whole time."

he reached out and grabbed my hand, his fingers linking with mine. "ready?" he asked, looking over at me. his eyes were filled with excitement and adrenaline.

i nodded, my heart pumping fast from the nerves. i was scared, but i also felt a bit excited. he gave my hand a squeeze, signaling it was time to jump.

he counted down. "3...2...1..." and suddenly, we were falling. i let out a small scream, but i was quickly interrupted by the cold water underneath us. we splashed into the water, resurfacing after a few seconds.

we both let out sounds of laughter once we resurfaced, wiping the excess water from our faces. his grip on me tightened as we stayed afloat, both of us riding the high of the adrenaline.

i looked over at him and smiled, feeling suddenly alive. the fear and anxiety that i had before jumping had faded, replaced with a sense of thrill.

"we did it!" i exclaimed, my words coming out between laughs.

he laughed along with me, his hand still holding mine tightly. "i told you nothing bad would happen," he teased.

"yeah, yeah, i know you were right," i said, rolling my eyes but still smiling. i swam over to him so that we were standing face to face. i could feel his body heat in the cold water.

i wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling myself closer to him. his hands instinctively went to my hips, holding me against him. our bodies were pressed closely together, the cold water around us creating a contrast to the heat building between us.

his eyes locked onto mine, full of hunger and lust. his fingers gripped tighter into my hips as he leaned in and kissed me. the kiss started off gentle, but quickly turned more passionate, our mouths moving against each other hungrily.

"wait," i said as i pulled away. "let's go over here." i said as i swam near the rocks to get more privacy.

he smiled, his eyes watching my every movement. "someone's eager," he teased, following me over to the rocks. we both grabbed the edge of the rocks and stood up on the ground, our bodies still pressed close together.