Chapter 8

Aiden's eyes narrowed as he processed Drake's taunting words. A simmering rage began to bubble within him, fueled by the humiliation of being so thoroughly exposed and mocked. In a blur of movement, he seized Drake's wrist, his demonic strength allowing him to overpower the mafia boss with ease.

"Alright," Aiden growled, his grip tightening as he pinned Drake against the wall, the mafia kingpin's feet barely touching the ground. "Yes, I am what you thought... By that, I mean I am not letting my chance slip, of course."

Aiden's eyes burned with a newfound intensity, his pride refusing to allow him to be subjugated any longer. He had been played, toyed with, and reduced to a mere pawn in the mafia's twisted games. But no more. In that moment, he was determined to regain control, to assert his dominance over those who had once held him captive.

Yet, even as Aiden's grip tightened, Drake's expression remained infuriatingly calm. A slow, seductive smile spread across the mafia boss's lips, and Aiden could see the flicker of amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Is that so?" Drake purred, his voice low and sultry, betraying no hint of fear or submission.

To Aiden's surprise, Drake's free hand snaked up, his fingers tracing along the demon's jawline with a tantalizing tenderness. It was a calculated move, a deliberate attempt to disarm Aiden with the mafia boss's trademark blend of seduction and manipulation.

Aiden tensed, caught off guard by the unexpected intimacy of Drake's touch. He could feel the heat radiating from the mafia kingpin's body, the scent of his cologne filling Aiden's nostrils with a heady aroma that threatened to cloud his senses.

For a moment, Aiden's resolve wavered, his grip loosening ever so slightly as he found himself ensnared in Drake's web of seduction. But then, with a fierce determination, he regained his composure, his eyes blazing with a renewed sense of purpose.

"Your games won't work on me this time, Drake," Aiden growled, his voice laced with a barely contained fury. "I am not your pawn, not anymore."

The challenge had been issued, the gauntlet thrown down. Aiden knew that this was a pivotal moment, a crossroads that would determine his fate and the balance of power within the mafia's twisted hierarchy.

Drake's lips curved into a serpentine smile, his eyes glinting with a predatory hunger as he regarded the simmering fury etched across Aiden's features. "Well, well, Aiden," he purred, his voice a sensuous caress that seemed to mock the demon's bravado. "I don't know how much sensitive information you managed to gather about me..."

The mafia boss trailed off, allowing the weight of his words to hang in the air like a tantalizing promise. His free hand continued its slow, deliberate exploration of Aiden's jawline, the pads of his fingers tracing featherlight patterns that sent shivers racing down the demon's spine.

"But I," Drake continued, his tone dripping with self-assured confidence, "I got enough information about you, my toyfriend."

The final word was a pointed barb, a deliberate jab designed to reignite the flames of Aiden's wounded pride. Drake's eyes danced with a mixture of amusement and challenge, daring the demon to react, to take the bait that had been so expertly laid.

Aiden could feel his grip tightening once more, his knuckles whitening as he fought against the maelstrom of emotions that threatened to engulf him. Rage, humiliation, and a simmering desire for vengeance swirled within him, fueled by Drake's taunting words and the infuriating confidence with which they were delivered.

Yet, even as Aiden's resolve hardened, he could not deny the undercurrent of curiosity that stirred within him. What secrets had Drake uncovered? What hidden truths lay buried beneath the layers of deception and manipulation that surrounded them both?