Chapter 23

Aiden's voice was filled with a mix of pain and resolve as he spoke, "See? All you know is manipulation..."

Drake's face fell, the weight of Aiden's words hitting him hard. He took a step back, his expression reflecting a deep sense of regret and sorrow. "I understand that it feels that way," he said quietly, his voice heavy with remorse. "And I'm sorry if my actions have made you feel this way."

He looked down, struggling to find the right words. "I never intended for things to turn out like this," he continued. "I know I've made mistakes and I've hurt you. My intentions were to protect and cherish you, but I can see how my actions have seemed contradictory."

Drake's gaze lifted to meet Aiden's, his eyes filled with a mixture of determination and vulnerability. "I want to change that perception," he said softly. "I want to prove to you that I can be more than just a source of manipulation and control. I want us to have something real, built on genuine feelings and mutual respect."

He extended his hand towards Aiden, his gesture a plea for understanding. "Please, give me a chance to show you that my feelings are genuine. I know it will take time, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to earn your trust and make things right."

Aiden looked at Drake's outstretched hand, his heart conflicted but softened by Drake's earnestness. The road to rebuilding trust would be challenging, but Drake's willingness to confront his mistakes and his sincere desire to change offered a glimmer of hope.

Aiden's voice was resolute, laced with anguish as he spoke, "Don't come near me... and don't try to stop me from leaving." Without waiting for a response, he turned and rushed out of the mansion.

Drake stood frozen, his heart sinking as he watched Aiden flee through the office window. His mind raced with the gravity of the situation. Outside, the gang members looked on in confusion as Aiden hurried past them, their concern evident but their confusion palpable.

Drake's thoughts were a whirlwind of emotions—regret, sorrow, and a fierce determination to rectify the situation. He knew that chasing after Aiden might only push him further away, but the thought of letting him go was unbearable.

He made a decision and swiftly walked out of his office, heading towards the front of the mansion where Aiden had exited. As he approached the scene, he saw the concerned looks of his gang members and the distressed figure of Aiden moving quickly away from the mansion.

Drake's voice cut through the confusion, authoritative yet filled with an earnest plea. "Aiden, wait!" he called out, his tone urgent but calm. "Please, let's talk. Don't do this."

He made sure to keep his distance, respecting Aiden's request, but his gaze was locked on him, filled with a mix of desperation and hope. Drake wanted to give Aiden the space he needed but also to reach out and show that he was willing to listen and make things right.

Aiden's steps faltered slightly at Drake's call, but he continued to move forward, his resolve evident. The situation hung in a delicate balance as both their emotions and the future of their relationship teetered on the edge.

Aiden stumbled through the dark forest, his tears blurring his vision as he pushed through the underbrush. The moonlight filtered through the dense canopy, casting eerie shadows on the path. His breath came in ragged gasps as he reached the burnt wooden house—a haunting reminder of his past.

He stopped in front of the ruins, his body trembling with the weight of his grief and anger. The charred remains of the house, once a symbol of his family and his life, now stood as a stark testament to the pain inflicted by humans. Aiden's tears continued to flow, mingling with the dirt on his face.