20. DREAM PROPOSAL!

I don't want to just propose to her, in that messy room with us being undressed

I don't want to just propose to her, in that messy room with us being undressed. I want to make it special. Because of which Here we are under the Eiffel tower.

"I swear it came really well this time!!"

I exclaimed as I jogged to her to show her the picture I clicked of her. She squinted her eyes as she looked at the picture and then nodded slowly. Finally she liked the picture.

I looked at the time and saw it's 10:27, which means that it's only 3 minutes left for the fireworks.

"Ishika let's go and sit there."

I pointed towards the nicely lighted bench from where we could have the best view of Eiffel tower and the fireworks together.  I don't think so Ishika knows about this fireworks thing but it is so so good and I'm sure she is gonna love that.

I could literally hear the clock ticking, my heart rate is rising. I am finally going to do this.

"Yes sure."

We walked to that bench together. She was engaged in clicking selfies or pictures of our surrounding when finally the fireworks started. She gasped loudly beside me as she looked at those.

"Wow. That's so beautiful."

She muttered under her breath as she continued looking at the fireworks with wide eyes. Her light brown eyes shining because of these lights.

I finally took a deep breath and got on my knees in front of her. She was still looking at the fireworks so I took some more time to prepare myself and then finally whispered her name.

"Ishika."

Her eyes widened as soon as she saw me on my knees. She stood up from the bench in shock. I would have laughed at her face if I wasn't one knee down.
I smiled as for the first time she didn't look here and there to check if anyone is recording or watching us. That was a first for her in this whole trip. All of her attention was solely on me.

I mean ofcourse it would be.

I pulled out a small rectangular velvet box from my pocket.

"Ishika," I began, my voice already trembling with emotion, "I know I've been an idiot. I let my fears get in the way of telling you how much you mean to me. But I'm done letting fear control me. You're the love of my life, and I want to spend every day showing you just how much you mean to me." I paused for a bit, then started, "Please be my girlfriend. And give yourself the honour of having me as your boyfriend." I grinned showing my teeth.

I waited for her response still in that position. From the way her eyes are glistening, I could tell that ofcourse she is going to accept this. Accept me. As her Boyfriend. I wish she would finally end this whole game of testing me as her boyfriend.

"Yes, Veer," she whispered, her voice barely audible over the continuing fireworks. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend. Your partner. Your everything."

She reached down and took the box from my fingers, opening it to reveal a stunning Diamond bracelet which had designs of snowflakes. I took a little help from my sister to select that but all the credits of this choice still goes to only and only me.   She finally wrapped her arms around me, pulling me close as the final burst of fireworks lit up the sky above us. I got up from the ground and hugged her tightly.