11. Rejected ?

"No bro, she's hot and have you seen her recent pictures? Dude she's sexxyyy--"

I heard as soon as I entered the dug out after the intense practice session. Tomorrow is finals. So many things depend on it.

"What is going on here?" I said as I picked up a bottle of water and a towel to wipe off the sweat. I sat on the chair and drank some water. Jacks and Suyash walked over to me and showed his phone to me and it had the person I have been ignoring from last night.

ISHIKA

It was her pictures.

"She's sexy right? I mean she has everything where it's needed. Like every curve and--"

That's it.

"You are really interested in observing curves? Go and observe the curves of the ground." As I spoke, they both looked at me with furrowed expressions with confusion in their eyes.

"You both, 10 laps. Now run." I said and pulled the phone away from his hand and kept it aside. Suyash gave me a puppy face. I raised my eyebrows at him in question.

"Veer yaaaarrrr, but what did we even do??? We were just saying..."

"Captain. Not Veer. Now go." I dismissed them. They can't 'just say' about Ishika all those things. I mean okay she's a public figure and everything but they should respect her.

But they were just complimenting things about her! You never reacted like this before when anyone said things about other women...

My inner self mocked me.

Well it's because Ishika is my Friend? Or atleast an acquaintance... I guess.

Everything that happened last night came in front of my eyes.

"I likeee you Veer. More than just friends. I like your smile, your eyes, your kind behaviour, your humour, your everything. I really really like you."

My eyes widened as I heard her words. What the hell is she saying? I had just come out of the shock of her kissing me and now she has dropped another bomb already.

Why does she even like me?

I mean aren't we just mutual friends?

Have I ever given her wrong signals?

Godddd!! What the fuck is happening!!!

I looked at her and slowly her eyes closed and she was about to fall ahead but i quickly held her shoulders. Damn she dozed off after dropping such a big bomb on me.

I picked her up in my arms and walked towards a door that might be her bedroom. I unlocked the door and surely it looks like her bedroom. I tucked her in her bed and switch on the AC, set the temperature and covered her with her blanket.