9. Pretty boy!

After reaching back the hotel, It was already 10pm and we all already had dinner outside so I thought to just go to sleep

I did my night skin care and got under my sheets. I kept twisting and turning in bed but sleep was nowhere. My mind keeps thinking about Veer again and again.

Today was literally one of the best days I have ever spent after entering the industry. I never liked the idea of taking a break but now I just want to stay on breaks. Everything today was so well. I pick up my phone and started scrolling through it. I came across some pictures which were posted by the social media handle of RCB of our outing. It was all good and well but then I saw a comment which says 'what is Ishika Malhotra doing there!?'

Damn it!!!

I should have asked them to crop me out of those photos. Even Anushka isn't here. Aahh... Fuck. How could I be so reckless. I just hope it doesn't cause much ruckus.

I shook my head, i guess I won't be able to sleep. I took a deep sigh and got up from the bed and got changed in my gym wear.
Gym will relax my mind and stop me from overthinking. I looked at the time and its 11.30pm.

I started walking through the lobby. It's all silent except for some staff members. I asked one of the staff, "Hey, where is the Gym?" He looked at me and smiled widely.

"Ishika mam!! It's..it's on 6th floor." He replied quickly. After taking a little pause he added, "Mam, can I get a picture with you?" I looked at him and nodded. I posed for a picture then went to the elevator.

I entered the dim lit gym. I looked around and saw someone in the other corner, doing pull ups. I narrowed my eyes as I take his form in.

Is he VEER?

I amused to myself. I chuckled to myself thinking it's some destiny or something bringing us together again and again.
But as the gym was completely silent, my chuckle pulled Veer's attention on me. He got on the ground and turned to me. He raised his brows looking at me surprised.

"What are you doing here, at this time?" He picked up a towel, wiping his sweat as he walked towards me.

Damn him!
He has no right to look that hot while sweating.

"Oh, I just couldn't sleep. So thought to workout." I replied softly. He nodded a little and then a mischievous smile pulled up on his face. But then he shook his head and looked away.

"By the way, may I help you with anything in your workout?" He asked. I looked at him and replied, "no no it's fine. I can do it on my own." He nodded and went back again to continue his pull ups. I started with streching.

---

It's been an hour already, we both are just working out with some banter here and there. I decided to do a deadlift and then conclude my work out. Just as I bent to pick up the weights, I heard Veer's laugh. I looked up at him confused.

"What happened?" I raised a brow at him. He looked at me, laughed more and then finally controlled his breath.

"Oh c'mon, Don't punish those soft hands while picking up those heavy weights. Well anyway you won't be able to pick." With that he started laughing again. I can sense the teasing in his tone.

Male ego, huh!!

I gave him a sweet smile and asked, "Veer what's your weight btw?" He simply smirked at me and said, "75 kgs." Then he flexed his biceps and added, "It's all muscles, Madam." I felt heat creeping up my cheeks as he called me madam. But i tried to stop myself from melting right there.

I added the weight to the bar and took my position.

"Veer, for you!" With that I picked up the bar without much struggle because c'mon, not the first time I have entered Gym, and many people think Actresses do gym just to maintain figure but adding to that I like to be strong enough too.

I left the bar as it fell on the mat. I looked up at Veer who was looking at me with his mouth and eyes wide open. I chuckled and went near him.

"Lightweight, Pretty boy!" I winked at him and moved ahead to complete the workout with some streching.

"Not gonna lie, but that was quite impressive. Never thought you could do that. Or tum ladki ho isiliye nahi keh Raha, I'm saying this because in today's time people just want to make their book look good but they don't want strength in it."

[Translation - I'm not saying this because you're a girl.]

I turned towards him, I could see the amusement lurking in his eyes. It made my tummy jingle.

"You're right. But you shouldn't judge everyone just like that." He chuckled at this.

"Yes. Apologies for that." He said smirking.
I narrowed my eyes at him. He's surely not sorry about this. I rolled my eyes.

"By the way, when is your flight tomorrow??" The team will leave tomorrow and me too. After two days, the promotion of the movie will start which will make me busy for days again.

"It's at 11am. And what about you??" He asked. I sipped on some water and then replied, "it's at 9am." He raised his eyebrows at me. "Then shouldn't you be sleeping by now? Or do you want dark circles?" He said playfully. I wanted to laugh but I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh c'mon, it's not like I would look any less beautiful after having dark circles." I said acting smug. He chuckled and said, "ofcourse not. You will still be as beautiful as ever."

______

AUTHOR'S NOTE -

Guys so so sorry for the short chapter but I just am too busy with some stuffs currently and this chapter was getting too much delayed already so I decided on posting just a short chapter.

But don't worry though, the new chapter will be updated by Saturday or Sunday *hopefully*

TARGET - 25 VOTES AND 10 COMMENTS 💗