𝟓. || 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝.

Don't forget to comment...

Please vote!

✧ Author's POV ✧

✧ Author's POV ✧

Lavanya tossed and turned in her bed, unable to sleep. The thought of Mr. Malhotra firing her kept her awake, and anxiety gnawed at her. To make matters worse, Dhruv wasn't helping at all. Instead of comforting her, he was laughing at her predicament, which only fueled her frustration.

Finally, unable to bear the thought any longer, she grabbed a pen and paper, hastily writing an apology letter for her misbehavior. She was determined to make things right.

The next morning, as she entered the office, Lavanya whispered a prayer of thanks to the heavens. Miss Sharma, her boss, was late today, sparing her from any immediate confrontations. She slipped into her chair, hoping to get through the day unnoticed.

But just as she settled in, Manav and Chetra came bounding towards her, excitement radiating off them. Before she could react, they enveloped her in a tight hug, startling her. She must have looked like a ghost with those dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep.

“Lavanya, we’re full-time employees now!” Manav exclaimed, practically bouncing on his feet, while Chetra nodded enthusiastically.

Lavanya’s eyes widened in surprise. She quickly opened her email, only to find nothing. No promotion, no congratulatory message, nothing. Her heart sank, and she couldn’t hide the disappointment on her face. She looked at her friends, shaking her head slowly.

Manav and Chetra exchanged sympathetic glances. They knew how much Lavanya had been hoping for this, and it pained them to see her so disheartened.

Just as they were about to console her, an office assistant approached the trio. “Miss Lavanya Mithal,” she called out.

Lavanya sighed heavily, turning to the assistant. “Yes, that’s me.”

The assistant smiled politely. “Mr. Malhotra has summoned you. He wants to see you right now.”

Lavanya’s heart skipped a beat, and her eyes widened in shock. She was frozen in place, unsure of what to do. Manav and Chetra were equally surprised and exchanged puzzled looks.

“What? Mr. Malhotra wants to see Lavanya?” A high-pitched voice interrupted their thoughts. It was Miss Sharma, who had just entered the office. Her eyes narrowed suspiciously. “Why would Mr. Malhotra summon you, Miss Mithal?”

Without a word, Lavanya bolted towards the elevator, leaving Miss Sharma fuming in confusion. As she reached the elevator, her hands trembled as she pressed the button for the 25th floor.

***

On the other side of the office, Raj Malhotra sat in his luxurious chair, reviewing a contract he had meticulously prepared. This wasn’t just any contract; it was one he had drafted specifically for Lavanya. The thought of her brought a small smile to his lips.