𝟖. || 𝐀𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠.

Don't forget to comment💬❤

✧ Raj Malhotra’s POV ✧

For the past three days, I’ve been giving Lavanya the cold shoulder, and it’s driving me up the wall. We shared a kiss that was supposed to mean something, but now she’s acting as if it never happened. Her window’s always shut tight, and she’s ignored every attempt I’ve made to reach out to her. My anger has even led me to lash out at my pack members—they’ve never seen me this enraged before.

My blood boils each time I see her laughing with that idiot Raghav. I know he’s the future Beta, the son of Jatin’s Beta, but seeing him flirt with my Luna is unbearable. I’m consumed by jealousy, and Rudra, my wolf, is practically clawing at the inside of me, wanting to rip Raghav apart. I try to calm him whenever I see Lavanya’s face, but it’s not easy.

We’re working on a crucial project right now. I reviewed some files and was particularly impressed with one idea. I called Miss Sharma, who handles all office calls, and asked her to send me the person who prepared File No. 16.

A minute later, there was a knock at my office door. The sweet, familiar fragrance that belonged to Lavanya filled the room, instantly calming me. I straightened my posture and called out, "Come in."

She entered, standing hesitantly in front of me. I tried to act as if her presence didn’t affect me, but I could barely maintain my composure. Her presence was like a storm that disrupted my calm.

Lavanya avoided eye contact and said, "Sir, you called for me?"

I took a deep breath, trying to sound as professional as possible. "Yes, I like your idea. We will proceed with it."

She nodded, still avoiding my gaze. Her nervousness was palpable, and I could sense her trembling slightly.

She bowed and said, "Okay, sir. I will do my best. If there’s nothing else, I may take my leave."

As she turned to leave, my frustration reached its peak. I couldn’t tolerate her disregard any longer. I rushed to the door, pressing her back against it. I locked the door behind her and placed my hands on hers. My chest pressed against her small back, and she gasped at the sudden closeness.

I turned her around so her soft body was now pressed against my hard chest. Our faces were only inches apart, yet she refused to look me in the eyes.

"Look into my eyes, Lavanya," I commanded softly.

When she did, I saw the vulnerability and pain reflected in her eyes. My rage softened as I sighed, my hot breath grazing her face. I placed one hand on her waist and the other on her cheek.

Leaning in, I buried my face in the crook of her neck, inhaling her sweet scent that calmed my nerves. I whispered softly,

"Why are you ignoring me, love?"