𝟔. || 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞.

Don't forget to comment💬❤

✧ Raj Malhotra’s POV ✧

In my 26 years of life, I’ve never been this impatient for a weekend. But these past four days have felt like an eternity. I find myself eagerly anticipating tonight, unable to get her out of my mind. Each night, I dream about Lavanya, and during the day, I find myself stealing glances at her from afar—though in my wolf form, it's hard to avoid coming across as a creep.

My wolf, Rudra, is equally restless. It’s a unique challenge when you have found your mate but are kept apart. We’re supposed to mark our mates and complete the mating process soon after meeting them, but here I am, just waiting. My desire for her is overwhelming, and I’ve had to resort to cold showers just to maintain my composure.

Rudra growled softly in my head, his impatience bleeding into my own. "Why are we waiting? She is ours. Claim her." I could feel his frustration, the primal instinct to protect and possess our mate consuming us both. But I couldn’t just rush this—Lavanya wasn’t ready, and I didn’t want to scare her off. She needed time, and I’d give her that, even if every second without her felt like torture.

Today, I decided to finish up my pack duties. As an alpha king, I have a significant amount of work to get through. But as soon as I could, I texted her:

Me: Are you ready for tonight’s dinner?

After a moment, she replied:

Mate ❤️: Boss??

I chuckled at her reply, picturing her adorable confused face.

Me: No, Raj.

Mate ❤️: Ohh, sorry, I mean Raj.

Me: Yes. Why? Are you planning to have dinner with someone else?

Mate ❤️: No, no. Just asked for clarification. And yeah, I’m ready for dinner.

Me: I’ll pick you up at 7 from your apartment.

Mate ❤️: Okay, done. Bye, I’m busy.

Me: Bye.

I smiled at my phone before returning to my work. Her texts always made me smile. The way she was formal yet sweet—she didn’t know how much power she held over me.

As the hours ticked by, I wrapped up my tasks and prepared to leave. I told my beta and gamma that I was heading out.

“Okay, guys, I’m off. Take care of everything,” I said as I stood up.

Both looked at me in confusion.

“Where are you going, Bro?” Naman asked.

I couldn’t help but grin like a fool. “I have a date tonight with my mate.”