Chapter 4

Finally at the dress shop, we entered it and I already felt out of place. It was so be and elegant. There was chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Stunning bouquets of white roses in diamond vases on wonderfully vanished wooden tables and a gorgeous lounge chair that’s Queens would lay on in the day time. And that’s not the best part, the best part was the dresses, the back wall of the shop full over racks of dresses. On another wall glasses cabinets full of tiaras and stunning shoes. It was like heaven.
I came back to the here and now by my mother calling me, but not by my name. By the god awful nickname.
‘Belly!’
I groaned. ‘Mother, can you not call me that when we are out.... Please’ I asked as nicely as possible.
She stated at me for a long moment. Shrugged her shoulders and said ‘Come on, let’s find a dress.’
Mum was looking one end of the long wall of dresses while I looked the other end, we agreed to find two dresses each. I found a beautiful black dress with diamonds on the breast part of the dress and a small puff of the skirt. In search for my next dress I heard my mother squeal in delight. I turned around to see her holding a bright rose red dress, with diamonds in the bodice, a love heart shaped one with a fitted skirt. In that moment I died in horror. I stood there staring at it like it was the worst thing in the world. She was gleaming like a child when giving candy. It was in that moment I knew I wasn’t getting the invisible dress I wanted.
‘Oh darling, you must try it on. How gorgeous is it?’ she said
I looked at it for a moment and simply say. ‘Urm.. It wasn’t what I had in mind. But I’ll try it on.’
She was jumping up and down, clapping like a happy seal. I walked to the dressing room and went to try it on when I heard the most disgusting sound ever. Someone was moaning and another groaning. Urgh clearly someone didn’t know what a room was, I went into the next changing room and change into the dress to find the dress was a size too small.
Mom would always says the smaller you look the better you look and the boys will come running for you. Yet of course she would say that due to being an ex beauty pageant queen. That I will never hear the end of due to the fact that her love story started their with my dad after she won the title Miss UK. Unlike her I will never ever enter a beauty pageant.
Of course, boys never interested me as they would always go to the popular girls that was skinny and perfect not for the girl whose hair never stayed in place and had curves and awful freckles. When in actually fact it made me look like the dress was about to bust from the seams. The dress was gorgeous rose red colours with a sweetheart neckline so my breast was pushed up to the sky and my body was shown off more but not in a good way you could see ever roll, and the way my hips 10 sizes bigger.
As I walked out the changing room I come crashing into a 6-foot bollard that had the most manliest scent and then to my surprise it also had hands that had caught me from falling and oooo my them hands felt so good against my body that I had goose bumps, and as I looked up to see who it was, I wish I never had. It was Kade Michaelson.
Kade Michaelson... OMG.
Staring back at me with his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes with jet black curly to of his hair falling into his eyes, a cute but sexy as hell white toothed grin. I was just standing there looking into them, I could feel myself getting hotter and hotter but the blush that was creeping up my body. His eyes but as I was almost toppled over, I places him hands on his chest and oh Jesus, I should have you could feel how ripped he was. I can’t believe I was in his arms. I almost passed out to the heavenly smell and too damn hot body
His hands wrapped around me one of his huge warm hands on the lower part of my back pushing me close to him... Mmm. The other in a tight hold on my upper are so I don’t fall back on my arse. I pressed my lips together to make sure no stupid little noises fell out my mouth as I could have quite easily moaned at how good he felt underneath my hands.
The most popular boy in school, and the reason he was the most popular was because of his good looks and his huge muscles and his bad boy exterior. Tattoos, pierced eyebrow and the most star dazzling grin. I could feel myself melting in his arms. It was until I heard a screech from the person next to him, that voice you could never forget Penelope Smithers. The main girl of P.R.A.T.S. My besties and me made that up when we realised the letters of their first names spelt prats and they acted like prats, so it was a win-win name suggestion for the snobby popular girls of our year.
‘Get your hands of my man, Sket.’
I just stared at her like she grown another head. Then realising he was still holding me I moved away like he had some virus. He gave Penelope the death glare but why I don’t know.
I looked down and apologised. He then smiled at me and said, ‘No problems cutie.’
I heard Penelope asking if he had gone crazy looking at me and said I wasn’t not a cutie more like a fat troll.
He grunted and walked away from her like she was an inconvenience.

As I got back to my Mum, she beamed from ear to ear and said that the dress was the perfect dress for me and in no need to search for another.
‘So, we have the dress, now it’s time to find the perfect shoes and accessories.’ Mum sung. She was in her element and I just wanted to get out of here.
I walked over to the shoes while mum answer the ringing phone. As I was looking at the gorgeous shoes, I heard someone clear their throat. I turned to be completely surprised to see that it was Kade Michaelson again...
‘Urm, Hi... I just wanted to say sorry about Penny. She’s a bit...... Jealous.’ He said somewhat shyly.
I stared at him. As I was lost for words. How and why was he talking to me? He was then staring at me with a wicked grin on his face.
I blushed and the replied. ‘Oohh, it’s okay I wasn’t paying too much attention to her.’
His grin got even bigger.
‘Ooh shoot, I mean not that I was paying attention to what actually was happening I was daydreaming. Sorry I knocked into you.’ I said wishing the ground would swallow me right now and my blush returning with a vengeance.
‘No problems cutie, see you around.’ He winked and then walked out the shop and out of sight.
I then took a deep breathe feeling like I hadn’t been able to breathe the whole time he was near me.
After a short while my mum came over and paid for the dress and the shoes I had chosen even if they were a little. High than the usual shoes I would have chosen this time I had chosen beautiful silver platforms with diamonds and the straps. Then she said it was time to go find the perfect jewellery to match my dress. I just wanted to go home.

We went to mums' favourite jewellery store and we all knew as whenever we asked what she wanted for her birthday or Christmas she would say it would be in this store.

While looking around this beautiful store I couldn’t help but smile at the all the gorgeous pieces and how one day I hoped to have a husband just like my dad was to my mother as he would always surprise her with such beautiful gifts just because he loved her.
After a while I found the perfect diamond choker necklace and hoop earrings to go with my dress. Mum did argue that hoops wasn’t elegant and that I need dangly earrings instead, so I said I’d have none then she then changed her mind and agreed to the hoops. After paying for the bits I had chosen it was time to go home. Or so I thought. We went to a couple of skin care shops that mum has said I must use the items daily to have the perfect glow skin for the day. I just rolled my eyes but agreed as she agreed to get my the hoop earrings I liked so much. I will wear them more often than just prom.
Finally, after 3 and a half hours later... Our shopping was complete and after mum paying for the bits.
She said, ‘Let’s end the afternoon with some lunch at my favourite restaurant.’ And that happened to be Mario’s. The boy who Amelia was crushing on and one of Kade friends.
‘Sure, I am hungry after all that shopping.’ I replied.
She giggled and put her arm around mine to link arms as we walked all I could think about was that it was finally time to sit down. My feet were killing me.