Part 6

I look around my surroundings, my eyes adjusting slowly. A sense of nervousness and anxiety fall over me. What will happen to my family if I don't show up? Silence fills the air. I feel a release of the hands that once controlled me. Quickly, I turn around and face my assaulter . Without thinking, I raise my hand and slap the person. I hear a familiar grown and immediately feel regret. I see a flash of blonde hair as the person puts a hand to their face.

I rush to their side and frantically murmur my apologies. After a few moments, he stands up straight. "Hollis", I start but am cut off by a his hand. "Aurey let me explain first", Hollis says. I am a bit taken aback at his use of my nickname, only Oriana and my father have ever called me that. He begins his story.

"After the meeting, something seemed different about you. When we all started talking and you only gave short awkward sentences, I knew something was up. You do that you know, like when your upset you speak less fluidly. Anyways, I decided that I would get you by yourself so that I could talk to you privately. I was talking to Cormac when you rounded the corner so I had to hurry and catch up to you. When I grabbed your arm, I didn't expect you to scream. So, I covered your mouth to keep our position secret. I realize now I had made a mistake. It was clear at the time that you weren't going to talk until you were calmed down, so I dragged you in here. And as they say, the rest was history."

I stare at Hollis dumbfounded, looking into his grey eyes. What? Why would he want to talk to me? I continue staring at him until he clears his throat and looks away. "Okay then. Well, I'm sorry that I slapped you.", I say akwardly. He just looks at me and laughs. I feel mortified. Did I say something wrong? However his laugh is something of a wonder. It's deep and seems take a life of its own. When Hollis laughed his entire face lit up. When his chuckling slowed he turned and faced me. "You are forgiven. I actually consider it an honor to be slapped by the beautiful Miss Arabella Jacobsen.", Hollis says humorously. I blush at that last comment. He asks me if I'm alright and if I would like him to walk me home. I tell him I'm quite alright and that I am fine walking alone but he insists on it anyway.

We walk together, out of the janitorial closet, past the student housing, and into the family district. We say our goodbyes and I walk down to my parents home Kort Road. Outside of the plain blue housing, I see my mother crying on the porch. She looks up and I see her holding a note clutched in her hand.

A/N

Hey guys I'm sorry for the late upload and the short chapter. I was busy. Even though it's short, I hope it entertains you. Some big things are going to happen soon!!!