Part 13

I sit in my kitchen, surrounded by hunched shoulders and wet eyes. Ria is burring her face into my right shoulder, clutching my arm. She's cutting off blood circulation, but I can't bring myself to shrug her off. Rowan is sitting to my left. He softly grips my hand and stares straight ahead with a blank look on his face. Graham stands in the corner, his face in concentration. Beckett is next to my mom, sitting in her lap. Mom is putting on a strong face, but you can see her eyes watering whenever she looks at the clock. I have two hours. Two hours to say good bye to everything I know. Two hours before I leave my friends and family. Two hours until I board a tram that will take me to the Capitol. I hope those two hours are well spent.

We continue in this position for a while until my mother sets Beckett down and stands up. I get up as well, and soon everyone follows suit. Mom stares at me, a small smile on her face. Opening her arms wide, I quickly step into them, wrapping my arms around her back. My hand clutch her sides, terrified of what happens when I let go. I don't want to leave. I'm not sure this will ever be what I want, especially after what dad has told me. As I think of my father, I feel a stab of pain and I begin to crumble. I start to shake and my mother holds me, patiently waiting for it to stop. When it does, she pulls back and whispers in my ear "I am so proud of you." I nod my head once and she stuffs a paper in my hand. I open it and read the simple note 217-824-9745. I nod once more and my mother whispers in my ear once more " I have the dreams too." I silently gasp, and she unwraps herself from me. As she steps back, Beckett comes running up to me.

He throws his arms around me and sniffles into my shoulder. "Hey buddy, it will be okay", I quake. He looks at me with his huge brown eyes, wet with tears. "I have something to ask you. Will you make sure mommy isn't alone?", I say. He nods slowly and buries his face in my shoulder once more. I give him one last squeeze and get up.

Next, Graham comes. I look up at him, his pale blue eyes staring down at me. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest. Clutching his shirt, I try to stay calm. I almost to the point of breaking when he steps back. He gives me a quick, proud nod of his head and steps back, allowing the next member of my family to say good bye.

When Rowan steps toward me, I rush into his arms. I finally let the tears fall, silently one by one. He buries his head in my hair. Whispering he says "I love you." With those words, he steps back and looks down on me. His face streaked with tears forms one sad smile and then he turns around.

Oriana rushes towards me and barrels into my arms. She begins to sob and I whisper my condolences. I tell her that she needs to say strong. That everything will turn out alright. I don't think she belives me. I not sure I do.

Just then a knock came from the door. Quickly, Oriana and I dried our eyes. My mother opens the door and I am greeted by my official, Cortez Grayson. He motions for us to finish saying goodbye because we need to go. I give each of them one last hug, ending with my mom. Then I step outside with Cortez. He closes the door to my past and motions me forward to my future.

A/N

Sorry for being so late..... School is hard. With dance plus school, it's been hard to write. But I promise to continue writing as much as possible. Don't forget to vote and comment!