Part 11

I look around, trying to see where I am. My vision clears and I find out that I'm in a small room, surrounded by people. The walls are a crisp white, sealing in the sense of panic given off by all of us. Searching for anything familiar in my cage, I see Hollis and Rosemary standing the corner. That gives me a sense of relief, knowing that I won't have to go through whatever is about to happen alone.

I look closer at Rosemary's face and see that she is clearly nervous. Her constant ringing of her hands and shifting grey give it away. However, Hollis is the picture of calm. He tries to calm down Rosie, but is not succeeding. Hollis looks my way and sees that I'm staring. He gives me a quick wink before the door opens. Whatever murmuring had been happening silenced, all head turning to face the figure in the door.

There is a woman standing there, obviously in charge. Behind her is a man, looking a little less than pleased to be hear. Happy to see you too. The woman points to a girl standing near Rosemary. The man walks over to her, whispering quietly in her ear. The girl miss once and the man turns around. He walks out the door, the girl following. The woman shuts the door behind them and then turns to face us. A wicked from forms on her face. She sneers "This is only the beginning". She laughs once and walls out the door, slamming it behind her.

I awake in a cold sweat. Carefully, I creep out of my bed. I check to make sure I didn't wake Oriana up, I walk out of the room. I check the calendar posted in the hallway and check what day it is. Monday. All my meetings and preparation are now completed. This is the last full day I will ever get with my family all by myself.

With that realization in mind, I enter my room again. I get dressed and head down to the kitchen. I grab a nutrition bar and a pad of paper. On it, I write Heading out. Be back sometime this afternoon. Love you. And with that, I head out the door, ready to face the adventures of today.

A/N

Hey guys!!! I just wanted to say thanks for all of you. I can't believe that we reached 200 reads on this book!! It is my first ever and I just wanted to say thanks!