Part 3

"Before the wars and destruction struck our land, an age of advancement and peace was formed. All of it ended with one bullet shot from a Russian gun heading towards the heart of John T. McClaine, the 76th president of the USA. That gun was shot by Russian terrorist, Ujarak Eadric. The first stage of the Decade War consisted of bombings, land battles, and terrorist attacks. The next three stages focused on air attacks with missiles. The fourth stage was a stage of rest where countries took time to regroup until Eurasia was attacked by North Korea and Japan. The fifth and sixth stages were a series of biological warfare attacks and nuclear bombings. The seventh stage was the treaty signing, where all leaders of the world came to the middle of the Pacific Ocean and signed the World Alliance Treaty. However, the effects from the war didn't stop there. Years after the war, the radioactivity and biological effects were still in full force. The effects from the war are the last three stages. That is when the Confederation of the North American Alliance was formed in hope of combining forces to revitalize our land. Together, we have traveled back to the ages before the war, the age of advancement and peace."

Mrs. Harrison, the school advisor, stops speaking. I hear roars of clapping and cheering surrounding me. I, myself am politely clapping as well. Mrs. Harrison quiets the the room with the lift of one hand. As soon as silence takes the Great Hall over, she begins speaking once more.

"It is tradition to come together as a community to celebrate the accomplishments that happened throughout the year, as well as giving assignments to the future citizens of the confederation. Please applaud for the following graduates: Tarren Andrews, Francesca Arthur, Samuel Brandson...." And on she went listing off the names of my class. There were 46 of us this year, relatively big for our province. The students graduating are combined from the all the towns in the community. Graceland is a small province compared to a place like Taro. It is near the Capitol and produces about 254 graduates a year. When Mrs. Harrison is finished all the graduates stand up and make there way to the stage in the front of the room. We place ourselves in alphabetical order, waiting for our names to be called for our assignments. One by one, I watch as my classmates step up, hear their life summary, and get their assignments. I hear the name "Beth Delilah Guilds" and I perk up.

Beth smiles and walks up to the platform with Mrs. Harrison beside her. They share a look of happiness and move on. "Beth was born on March 27, 3124. She was a excellent newborn, hardly ever causing a problem. When she began school, Beth was a very social child. At least 78% of the class report having a friendship with Miss Guilds at one time during the years. Beth is an A-B student and always participating in school activities. Her most recent being Track, volunteering at the Child's Home, and the School Concil. She is an amazing citizen and we gladly open you into our arms. Your assignment, Beth Delilah Guilds, is Youth School Teacher. You will be attending Graceland University." Beth gives Mrs. Harrison a hug and quickly exits the platform. She looks ecstatic. Of course, Beth has always wanted to be a school teacher, she loves children. As she takes her place back in line, she looks at me and gives a quick wink in my direction. It soothes a little bit of the nerves. I patiently wait for my turn, listening to other people receive their assignments, watching their looks of joy. Finally, it is my turn. I am ready.