1.

[People who are new readers for my book, let me say......Slant words are said in their respective minds. Which would help you understand the story better. ]
.
.
.
.

☘️☘️🕊🕊☘️☘️

Wei's POV

I kept my cool walking out of my bosses office. Keeping my emotions off my face has never been particularly difficult for me. However, at this moment the struggle was real.

I slightly clenched my hand and flashed a fake smile while walking past my co-workers and their gray dull cubicles. The second I was out of the office, I dropped the smile and continued the 15 minute walk to my car.

A small hint of relief hit me when I entered my car. I could finally release this pent-up energy inside and scream some obscenities. I’m sure I was loud enough for those near my Cruze to hear, but I didn’t care. The drive home I cannot remember much of. My mind still focused on what just happened and how caught off guard I was.

Most of my days of 8 to 8 job, it was mundane: drive to work through peak traffic, get him an espresso and a mango milkshake for me, then start-up my computer and create my bosses schedule for the day. It was still early in the day when I got called in to my bosses office. The next few moments I still remember pretty vividly.

"You have a meeting with xxx trading tomorrow and a conference in the afternoon shortly after that. Also, xxx trading proposed to have a meal together after tomorrow's meeting" Shen Wei flipped his notepad shut after reading tomorrow's schedule.

"Okay. Make the appointment and inform me later" Yunlan replies without looking at Wei as he keeps on working on his laptop.

"Okay Sir. Then..." Wei bows and turns to leave.

"Hold on, secretary Shen"

Wei turns around "Yes, sir. Do you need anything else?"

"Set aside some for dinner. You know what I mean right?"

Well I knew exactly what he meant by that. Wei thought.

"Of course, Sir" Wei turns on his fake smile and walks out the door. He leans back on the door and signs.

I am pretty sure my boss has been taking advantage of the situation he found me in 3 months ago. Then again, I can't blame him since I was the one who accepted his offer in the first place. I regret ever accepting him. I cannot seem to get out of this loop. How will I escape him? And on the other hand, he is my boss. I cannot lose this job either. I never thought things would turn out this way.
.
.
.
.

3 months ago

Wei's POV

In the dark night, The immense bar towered over the other buildings. I had longed to visit the vintage gay bar when I finally accepted who I am. When I had gathered my courage to visit this place for the first time, I had decided to walk straight past the gloomy bar. I wasn’t desperate enough to drink there. But...I was curious.

Something about old-timey cocktails and grand interior decor tickled my soul. The vibrant bar stirred with optimism. All patrons were ready to drink up and have a fabulous evening.

The gloomy bar beckoned patrons in and then sucked them into a depression for the rest of the evening with bad drinks and rude staff. I tried to squeeze through the crowded bar, but it was no use. I couldn’t find a way out. The frequent drinkers in the dingy establishment scared me.