Fog

William looked at her up and down, judging her. Jennifer was trying to understand what he meant, but then it hit her, still she decided to remain silent. Keeping it neutral, nice job, Jenn.
"Did you two discuss something?"
"Mhm"- he nodded, "but it is nothing important."
"I will take the 5.30 train tomorrow morning. Will you come with me?"-she asked him before deciding to leave the agency.
"No, I still have some things left to discuss with Miss. Jones ."
"I see. Do you want me to contact you if I find something at least?"
"Yes, sure."
Jennifer left the agency with papers dropping out of her files.
"Jenn!"-he shouted at her.
"Yes?"
"It's Scarlett with two t's."
"Oh, thank you."

May 21. Two days left until the case is closed. It was midnight. William was sitting outside the porch of the agency smoking a cigarette. 
"I knew you would still be here."
"What are you doing here?"
"I came to apologize. Lucky you, apologies aren't familiar with my vocabulary. What I said was a bit harsh and fast. I understand that you and Miss Bonheur are close..."
"Oh no, no, she is just my secretary."
"So the ladies of the ton still have a chance?"
"I wouldn't want to drag any of them into this bloody business."
"What a gentleman. What if the lady that wants you is also someone who doesn't want to drag others into her bloody business?"
-"Well maybe then we would compromise."- he said to her, a side of his mouth smiling. He threw the cigarette and approached her."
"Are you up for a drink, Ginger?"
"That would be lovely."
William stopped a carriage and took Scarlett's hand to help her get inside. 
"You trust me way too much. Is this one of your bad habits? Trusting people you met a few hours ago?"
"Who said I trust you?"
"You are taking me for a drink without doing a background check on me."
-"Well about that, Jenn is leaving tomorrow's morning in London for a background check."
"London?!"
"Yeah, she couldn't find your name in our archives, so she is going to check at London's archives."
"She is going to London?"
"Yes, God, are you drunk already."
"Trenor, Clover is going there too."
"How are you so sure?"
"Clover has killed 13 victims each year, right?"-she asked while pulling out a little notebook from her pocket -"This year, she has killed only 12 so far."
"True."
"On what month are we?"
"May."
"That means that Clover has only one person left to kill this year."
-"Correct but how does this prove that her next murder will be in London?"
Scarlett opened her notebook and wrote down the names of Clover's recent murderers.

J.M 2 letters
Cole Brown 9 letters
Joe Bell 7 letters
R.C 2 letters
Ed Fay 5 letters
Greg Montogmery 14 letters

Henry Roberts 12 letters
Sebastian Smith 15 letters
Oliver Thompson 14 letters
Mr. Wood 4 letters
Dylan Cunningham 15 letters
James Henderson 14 letters

She then deciphered the number of the letters in the alphabet with the number of the letters of each name.

BIG BEN LONDON

"Wow. That was impressive."
"Is there any event happening on Big Ben this week?"
"This week, I'm not sure, but on May 31, the Big Ben will fulfill 50 years of being built."
"There is going to be a big ceremony for sure, perfect for Clover to blend in."
"Ginger, the case closes in 2 days. That is next week. We don't have time for that, London is big."
"But we already know where our suspect is heading to."
"You still think it's Jenn."
"After all these, you still think that she is not?"
"We don't have enough proof. These are mostly theories, not factual based ones. We need more to prove that Jenn is Clover."
"Okay, I agree. Why don't we head to her house then?"
"Jenn changes places a lot, I don't -"
The time stopped, not really, but for William, it did. Why were things making sense this late for him now. Changing places, traveling to London, the deciphered codes. He needed to breathe. All of these were happening in such a short period of time. It was so quick.
"Trenor? Trenor, are you okay?"
He could hear her voice but he couldn't see her clearly. He couldn't breathe.
"Stop the carriage!"-Scarlett yelled. She got William off the carriage, placing his arm on her shoulders. Her hand reached her pockets, pulling a wrapped chocolatey candy.
"Eat this."-she sounded like she ordered him. She pressed the candy in his lips, pushing it to his mouth, and he ate it. William suffered from diabetes. He took a deep breath and finally came into his senses.
"A tootsie roll? How did you know?"
"I'm actually really interested in the backgrounds of the people I decide to work with."-she said smiling.
"The drink?--"
"We will get that another time."
They stopped somewhere they couldn't recognize. It was dark and foggy. It almost seemed like the carriage left them in the middle of nowhere. Footsteps were being heard. Judging from the cracking sound of the heels, it was definitely a woman. They couldn't see anything. The fog was too thick. William lit up a match that he uses for his cigarette. It wasn't enough but they could see each other's face at last. A loud crashing sound came in the depths of the air.
"Damn it!"
William and Scarlett looked at each other in shock.
"Jennifer?"-they both whispered. After that, a man started talking.
"I don't even know why you packed this much. You are going to London, not to Mexico!"
"This might take a while, I have to go prepared."
William was listening carefully, clenching his teeth. As much proof he was getting against Jennifer, that much it hurt him. He and Scarlett decided to remain silent until they left.
The fog started disappearing, slowly leaving them to see a small house behind a corner.
"That must be her house, Trenor. Let's go check inside."
"Are you mad?!"
"What? You never crashed inside a house before?"
"Shouldn't we follow her instead?"
-"No it's risky for now. We have time for that."
"Since when did you  take charge here?"
"Since the moment I realized how bad you are at making decisions."
"Ouch."
"Truth hurts, Trenor. Now come, she must have something there."
"Don't you find it weird, though? She told me she would leave on 5.30."
"Maybe she knows you will follow her. After all, she is Clover?"
William looked down in search of words. He couldn't defend her anymore. He decided to follow Scarlett inside the house. 
"I need a hand with the door!"
"I thought you knew how to break inside a house."
-"Okay I don't. What now? Are we going to turn home?"
William lent her his jacket and pushed the door open with his shoulders.
"You couldn't do it with the jacket on?"
"No, this jacket is one of a kind. It's my signature jacket. It is really rare to find this material and color and also."
He turned to see Scarlett staying in front of the door with her jaw, almost reaching the floor.
-"What?--"-he asked her curiously. He turned around, facing the door after shaking the dust off his jacket, tilting his head slowly.
"Bloody hell."