The Last Kiss

He woke up dizzy, trying to find out what had happened to him and where he was currently staying. He figured out that his hands and legs were tied behind the chair he was sitting on and he had a black cloth wrapped around his mouth to prevent him from shouting or making any kind of noise that would get anyone's attention. He tried to look for Scarlett, and he found her standing near a giant wall made out of glass. As his vision cleared, he realized she was , or to be exact, they both were on top of the clock tower, at the engine floor. The loud clanking sounds of the gears were filling up the silence between them. She hadn't realized that he had woken up yet. She picked up a glass piece, holding it with one of her hands carefully so she wouldn't get cut. On the other hand, she took the lid of her lipstick off while holding it on her mouth. Then, slowly, she started applying the lipstick on her lips. It was so red that for a moment, it seemed like it was blood. After she finished applying it, she then filled a syringe up with a clear liquid substance and added a needle on top of it. She placed the syringe on the side as she heard William move his chair left to right. He was trying to get a loose of the ropes and leave from there. "You wanted this yourself! There was not any kind of philosophy behind my plan! I wanted to actually kill you that night, but the king's idiotic random desire to climb the tower ruined my whole plan! Since Jennifer saw me, it would be the perfect opportunity for us to close the case and leave everything behind. I knew you would get caught and killed after they found the bodies buried under the ground, but you had to come here and meet that short annoying stinky man. Now I have to kill everyone, and this is terribly tiring? Do you think anyone helped me hide the bodies and all the evidence I accidentally would leave behind? No! Even if I had Tyler helping me, I buried each and every one of those bodies with my own hands, and trust me, you would never want to know how I did it." William was looking at her in disgust after every word that she spoke. He tried to mumble some words, but the piece of cloth wasn't letting him do so. "What do you want to say?"- Scarlett asked him, annoyed, and then untied the fabric to let him speak. "You are a psychopath!"-he shouted at her. Scarlett rolled her eyes, trying to ignore his words. "Aren't you supposed to take that antidote? You will die." She smiled hearing at his words. "I am glad to see that you still worry about me, but you don't have to! The poison takes its effect on me after 15 minutes. By then, I will have you killed." -"Weird of you to not wait until midnight."-he said ironically. Scarlett smiled at him as she was walking towards the clock. One of the glass tiles was open and held with a stick to leave an open way for her to get out. "What in the world are you doing?"-he questioned her as she was making her way out. Her steps were careful and slow so she wouldn't trip and fall. She reached her arm to move the hands of the clock. It was currently 10:45. She moved the hour's hand to 11:45 slightly and tried to come back inside. Meanwhile, William was trying to move the chair closer to the corner where Scarlett had left her broken mirror piece. He tried to reach it with his hands by turning himself behind, but it was too high for him. He turned on the other side to get it using his mouth, and as he was doing so, his bottom lip got cut by the sharp edges. He held the piece with his teeth and dropped it on his lap. "Shit!" He tried to move his hands to get lose of the rope, squeezing them in really tightly.
A few seconds in, and he finally freed himself. He used the glass piece to cut the ropes that were strangling his feet, and then he got up quickly, trying to close the open way. Scarlett saw what he was trying to do and tried to get inside immediately but not knowing what to do, William got outside too and locked the door behind him by pushing away the stick by moving his foot accidentally. He leaned behind the clock, trying not to fall. "What have you done? You idiot! We will both fall from here!"-Scarlett shouted at him. The night's wind howled on their faces, and her hair was sticking to her lipstick. There were 10 more minutes until the poison took its effect. She tried to get closer to William as he was slowly moving side to side to get away from her. "Do not move! You will end up falling!"-she ordered him. He looked at her in surprise and anger. "Why do you care? It will be easier for you to get rid of me anyway!" -"I don't want that! For God's sake, I'm tired of this! I love you, Trenor. I always did, that is why I didn't kill you that night. You know better than anyone that if I want to accomplish something, I do in an instant. Please calm down, and let's find a way to get back in and discuss everything." William looked at her trying to process what she just said. "You mean that?" She tried to reach for his face, caressing it slowly. "I do. I love you." He pulled her closer to himself, carefully holding her hands tightly. "I do love you too."-he confessed. She looked deep in his eyes, getting her lips closer and closer as the Big Ben was chiming each second that passed. "I'm sorry."-he suddenly spoke before she reached his lips, and just about that time, he pushed her from the tower. He held onto the clock's walls again as he watched her fall traumatizingly 300 feet down. Her arms were reaching up on the thin night air as her loose hair was creeping through, and at last, she fell down to the Thames river. He breathed heavily after witnessing her death. He finally did it. He finally got her and for real this time. Now that was going to be remembered as Clover's unclaimed last kiss.

 Now that was going to be remembered as Clover's unclaimed last kiss