Episode 16: Emergency

Author POV:

"We don't have much time." Seokjin said.

The tension in the room was high as Y/n, Jin-hyuk, and the Lee brothers quickly strategized. Time was slipping away, and the imminent raid weighed heavily on their minds. Y/n's thoughts raced—this was bigger than anything she had anticipated, and now Jin-hyuk was involved. Could she really trust him?

"We need to split up," Namjoon declared, his voice cutting through the anxiety. "Y/n, Jin-hyuk, and I will head to Eun-seo's office to access the files. Hoseok, Jungkook and Taehyung, you two work on clearing out anything suspicious here. If we get caught, we need to make sure there's nothing that can be used against us."

"I and Jimin will go the office headquarters to sort some things out here and there." Yoongi said.

"And I'll go inform father about this." Seokjin declared.

"Be careful," Hoseok added, his gaze locking with Y/n's. "Don't underestimate her. She's dangerous."

Y/n nodded, her resolve hardening. "We won't."

Namjoon led the way through the mansion's winding corridors as Jin-hyuk followed closely, his expression unreadable. As they approached Eun-seo's private wing, the atmosphere grew colder, the shadows longer.

When they reached Eun-seo's office, Jin-hyuk used a key card to unlock the door. The room was dimly lit, with heavy drapes blocking out most of the light. The air was thick with the scent of expensive perfume and polished wood. Y/n shivered, feeling like they had stepped into a lion's den.

Jin-hyuk wasted no time, moving to the massive mahogany desk that dominated the room. He pulled out a sleek laptop and powered it on. "This will take a few minutes," he said, his fingers flying across the keyboard.

Y/n and Namjoon stood guard, their eyes scanning the room for any signs of danger. The silence was oppressive, each second dragging out into an eternity. Just when Y/n thought she couldn't bear it any longer, Jin-hyuk let out a small gasp.

"What is it?" Y/n asked, moving closer to the screen.

Jin-hyuk's face had gone pale, his eyes wide with shock. "She's not just planning to frame the Lee brothers," he whispered. "She's setting them up to take the fall for something much bigger."

"What do you mean?" Namjoon demanded, leaning in.

Jin-hyuk turned the laptop toward them, revealing a series of encrypted files that he had managed to decrypt. "These files... they detail a massive money laundering operation, one that spans multiple countries. My mother has been using the Lee family's businesses as a front without their knowledge. She's been funneling illegal funds through their accounts for years, and now she's planning to pin everything on them."

Y/n's blood ran cold. "If the authorities find this..."

"They'll go down for crimes they didn't commit," Jin-hyuk finished, his voice shaking. "And my mother will walk away clean."

Namjoon's face hardened with anger. "We need to expose her. But how?"

Before Jin-hyuk could respond, the door to the office burst open with a deafening crash. Y/n spun around, her heart leaping into her throat. Standing in the doorway was Eun-seo, her eyes blazing with fury.

"You thought you could outsmart me?" she hissed, her voice dripping with venom. "Jin-hyuk, I expected more from you."

"Mother..." Jin-hyuk stammered, stepping back in shock. "I—"