Episode 13: Alliance in progress

Author POV:

Lee Mansion: Secret Room

The words on the pages were a blur as Y/n's eyes were all across the file

The words on the pages were a blur as Y/n's eyes were all across the file. Her father's name was scrawled on the front, but the contents were what truly shook her. Detailed accounts, financial records, and correspondence painted a picture of a man deeply involved in something far more dangerous than Y/n could have imagined.

"Ji-eun, look at this," Y/n whispered, handing her the file.

Ji-eun's eyes widened as she skimmed through the documents. "This... this isn't just about your father, Y/n. This implicates the Lee family in a massive criminal network. But why was your father involved?"

Before Y/n could respond, a faint creak echoed from the passageway behind them. Both girls froze, their hearts pounding as the sound grew louder. The door to the hidden room slowly opened, and Taehyung stepped in, his face a mixture of anger and concern.

"You shouldn't be here," he hissed, his eyes locking onto Y/n's.

Y/n backed up, instinctively clutching the file to her chest. "Taehyung, this isn't what it looks like"

"It's exactly what it looks like," Taehyung interrupted, his voice trembling slightly. "But you need to listen to me. You're in more danger than you realize."

Before Y/n could react, another figure appeared in the doorway—Namjoon. His expression was stern, but there was an undeniable softness in his eyes as he looked at Y/n.

"You weren't supposed to find this," Namjoon said, his voice low. "Not like this."

Y/n's mind raced, trying to piece together the puzzle. "What's going on, Namjoon? What did my father get involved in, and why are you all hiding it?"

Namjoon sighed, stepping further into the room. "Your father was trying to protect you. He got tangled up in something dangerous because he thought it was the only way to keep you safe. But he was betrayed."

"Betrayed by who?" Y/n demanded, her voice breaking.

"By someone close to us," Taehyung admitted, his tone laced with guilt. "But it's more complicated than that. We were never supposed to be part of this. Our father—Lee Byung-hun—kept us in the dark, just like you."

Y/n's grip on the file tightened. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"We didn't know how," Namjoon confessed, his eyes meeting hers. "We didn't trust you, and we didn't trust each other. But now... now we have no choice."

A silence fell over the room, thick with unspoken tension. Finally, Ji-eun, who had been quietly observing, spoke up. "Maybe this is the time for all of you to trust each other. If Y/n's father was trying to protect her, maybe you should too."