Episode 17: Hacked

Episode 17: Hacked...

Author POV:

Y/n's heart pounded as she stared at the message. Her mind reeling from the weight of the new revelation. Her father's murder, connected to Eun-seo's dark web of crime, had always been an unsolved mystery lurking in the shadows of her life. Now, everything seemed to be converging, the secrets of the past catching up with her present. The message was clear. She needed to disconnect and hide, and they needed to move fast.

Byung-hun drove through the city with an intense focus, his hands tight on the wheel. Namjoon sat beside him, tapping at the laptop, encrypting the files they'd gathered and trying to find safe ways to store them. 

In the back seat, Y/n was wedged between Jin-hyuk and Taehyung, who had joined them after hearing about the raid. Jin-hyuk sat in a heavy silence, but Y/n noticed something had shifted between them.

Jin-hyuk turned slightly towards her, his expression softer than she had ever seen it. "Y/n... I'm sorry," he muttered, his voice trembling. "I dragged you into this mess. And now... my mother—"

Y/n put her hand on his, stopping his words. "This isn't your fault, Jin-hyuk," she said firmly. "None of this is. We're in this together now, and we'll find a way out. We'll take them down."

Her words seemed to settle something in him. Jin-hyuk glanced at her, his eyes filled with a complex mix of guilt and gratitude, but also something deeper—a new sense of trust.

Across the seat, Taehyung, who had been quietly watching, finally broke his silence. "You know, I used to think you were only looking out for yourself," he said to Y/n with a small, apologetic smile. "But... you've got more guts than I gave you credit for. We'll fight this thing together. All of us."

Y/n returned his smile, warmth spreading through her in spite of the danger they were in. It wasn't much, but it felt like the beginning of something different—something better. Namjoon glanced back at them from the front seat, his eyes filled with approval. "He's right. We've all been underestimating each other. But now, we're a team."

For the first time in days, Y/n felt a spark of hope. This wasn't just about survival anymore. They had found common ground, learning to rely on each other in ways they hadn't before. Despite the chaos around them, trust was building, brick by brick.

The car rolled to a stop at the safe house, a secluded cabin in the outskirts, surrounded by dense trees. Byung-hun led them inside, and they immediately began securing the place—blocking windows, disconnecting from the network as Y/n's mother had warned, and creating a plan to expose the truth about Eun-seo.

 Byung-hun led them inside, and they immediately began securing the place—blocking windows, disconnecting from the network as Y/n's mother had warned, and creating a plan to expose the truth about Eun-seo

Jin-hyuk, still rattled, handed Y/n a cup of tea

Jin-hyuk, still rattled, handed Y/n a cup of tea. She accepted it with a nod of thanks. "We've got a long fight ahead," he said, his voice low but determined. "But for the first time... I don't feel alone in this."

Before Y/n could respond, Namjoon's phone buzzed with a message. He frowned as he read it, his brow furrowing deeply. "What is it?" Y/n asked, her instincts tingling with unease.

Namjoon's face darkened as he held up the screen. "We've got a problem."

On the screen was a message from an unknown number, containing a single, chilling sentence:

"You're too late. We already have what you're looking for."

Y/n's stomach dropped as a second message appeared on Namjoon's phone, this one accompanied by an image. The photo showed the encrypted files they had stolen from Eun-seo's office—now in the hands of the syndicate.

"We've been hacked," Namjoon muttered, his voice barely above a whisper.

Everyone froze. The hope that had begun to bloom between them was suddenly tainted with fear. Y/n felt her pulse quicken as the gravity of the situation sank in.

The syndicate was already one step ahead.

XOXO.