Episode 9: Surprise visitor

Author POV:

Y/n stood in the expansive living room of her new home, a stark contrast to the modest apartment she'd shared with her mother. The penthouse was a world of its own, a testament to the kind of life her mother had chosen. It was beautiful and utterly alien.

The days that followed were full of adjustments. Preparing for university orientation, shopping for essentials, and managing the new house filled her days. It felt too sudden to handle it all. With only two housemaids for company, the silence in the penthouse was often deafening.

Lee Mansion

The tension between the brothers had reached a boiling point. Jimin and Taehyung were adamant about their dislike for the newcomers, their voices growing louder with each passing day. Jungkook, while quieter, echoed their sentiments.

"We can't let them get comfortable," Jimin growled, his eyes filled with determination. "They're a threat to everything we've built."

Namjoon, one of the eldest, tried to calm the storm. "We need to be cautious. We don't know their intentions yet. Perhaps they're not as bad as we think."

But doubt gnawed at him. He'd seen the cold, calculating look in his father's eyes when he introduced the newcomers. It was a look he'd seen before, a look that promised trouble.

As they went on, a figure watched their every move from the shadows. A man with a face etched with years of experience, his eyes held a knowing glint. He was old, but his presence commanded respect. He was the ghost in the machine, a silent guardian of the family's secrets.

As for Y/n, her world was about to collide with the brothers' in a way she couldn't have imagined. A chance encounter, a whispered secret, or a calculated move could change everything.

The stage was set. The players were in place. The game was about to begin.

Penthouse

Y/n POV:

I was preparing to leave to a near by shopping center. I need to get stationary, new clothes, house necessities.  There is a lot that I need to fill in. 

I ran a hand through her hair, a nervous habit I had picked up lately. The weight of my new reality was really beginning to settle in and it was indeed very heavy. I wonder how mom managed it.

I went upstairs to my room and wore the most comfortable outfit that I could find. 

Time skip- In the mall