All Too Well

"Cause there we are again when I loved you so

Back before you lost the one real thing you've ever known

It was rare, I was there, I remember it all too well" - Taylor Swift

2002

                 "Baby give me ten more minutes, the gig went off the rocket-" Marjorie slams her phone close mid conversation with her boyfriend. He swore tonight he wouldn't be late, that he wouldn't cancel on her. Yet, there he was, once again, canceling on her. She unfortunately was used to it at this point. They both cancel on each other when they need each other the most, however, tonight's cancellation felt different.

                  Mary couldn't control when a psychotic unsub would start an unprecedented killing spree but Henry could control when his band left the bar, and to stop drinking to hang out with his girlfriend. But this night was no different than the others. Mary sat on the balcony at her coworkers house party, she stared at the street as cars drove past mindless to the disappointment filtering through Mary's chest.

               "Mary?" a deep voice says as the sliding door opens.

                "Aaron," She replies, turling her phone in her hands. The screeches of a chair sliding across concrete forces her intrigued head to turn. Aaron Hotchner, the host of the party, pulls a lawn chair to sit next to Marjorie.

               "Not having fun?" he jesters with an amused smirk. One of the rare smirks that features the dimples on his clear skin.

                "I'm having a blast-" she says sarcastically "-Why are you out here and not in there?"

                "To many people, Haley wanted to make this a huge deal. I would've been happy with you and some of the guys from work."

                "I would've made do without Gideon, but don't tell him I said that!" A laugh is shared between the both of them, but it quickly settles down. Mary stares at the same stoplight, as Aaron glances at her.

                Marjorie 'Mary' Leaman is the youngest profiler on the behavioral analysis team. Rumors say that she was hand picked from the founders Gideon and Rossi and they shaped this teenager to one day lead the BAU team. Although she was skilled, smart, and quick with a profile, she still felt as if she was an outsider. When she started to intern at the FBI building she witnessed all the men who worked there. The room was filled 12 to 1 from men to women. Yet, with her determination and focus she wouldn't stop trying until she made it onto the BAU team.

             Her first day there was littered with comments from her coworkers asking for coffee or if she was looking for a husband. At only 18, Mary was working full time and absolutely loving it. Yet, she wished she had a friend at work. All the other men in her unit were either 40 and counting down the years till they retire, or young like her, filled with envy as Mary 'stole' their jobs.

              But almost as if her prayers were answered, Aaron came strutting in shaking hands with his reference David Rossi. After that day, Aaron and Mary became a package deal. If there was a case, they worked together. If there was extra work needed to be done, they both stayed late. If they just needed a friend to talk to whilst working a dark case, they both had each other to talk to about anything. Mary truly found her best friend.

              "Mary, I know you well enough to know something is up."

              "It's not about knowing, more about your profiling skills," Mary said, as Aaron just shrugged as he brought the bottle of beer up to his lips. Mary just sighed, as she turned her whole body towards him. "This whole week I was telling Stewart and Greg that they would meet my... they would meet my boyfriend and you know.. He just canceled."

              "They don't think he's fake, you know. You have a ton of pictures of the two of you on your desk."

             "I know, they know he is real. It's just... This is going to sound stupid, but.. I thought they would see me more grown up," Mary said with her hands gesturing as if moving them helps her think. It's silent for a beat, as they both just stare at each other.

            "I'm 20, it's just-"

             "Your age doesn't make them think less of you. They think the most of you, it's just, they see you as a sister." Mary groans, as her phone rings for the 10th time that night. Aaron smirks, as Mary takes a quick breath and picks up her phone.

              "What."

              "Babe 10 minutes I swear! There is a talent scout and Issac is talking to him-"

              "Henry, I'll just see you at home." Mary hung up the phone and Aaron gave her a sympathetic smile.

              "I'll give you a sip of my beer," Aaron says looking over his shoulder. The small apartment Aaron shares with his fiancée Haley is packed to the brim filled with agents that worked with both Aaron and Mary, and journalists that worked with Haley. Yet, Aaron and Mary were in their own world.

            "Aaron Hotchner! Are you, a federal agent, offering someone underage a drink!" Mary says with a smirk on her face. Aaron's eyes tightened, he was going to play right into her game.

            "Nevermind, I guess..." He smirks as Mary rolls his eyes.

            "Hand it over," she says as he slides the cold bottle into her hand.

            "Is this your first sip of alcohol, cause if so I should record it. This could be monumental."

            "Can you shut the fuck up?" Mary asks as she smiles with the crown of the bottle on her lip. Even though Aaron and his girlfriend were hosting, he spent the rest of the night with Mary. They sat on the balcony of his apartment with light humor and deep conversation. Even though the party was packed no one seemed to notice their disappearance.