My Kink is Karma

"People say I'm jealous, but my kink is watching

You ruin your life, you losing your mind, you dyeing your hair

People say I'm jealous, but my kink is watching

You crashing your car, you breaking your heart, you thinking I care

People say I'm jealous, but my kink is karma" - Chappel Roan

2007

"Red lipstick and bottoms," Penelope says with her hands as if she is inviting a movie poster.

"It makes me sound like a pornstar," Mary says, moving her laptop further away from Penelope.

"You know, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else," she says as she starts to walk away in her fuzzy pink rabbit slippers.

Mary and Penelope's shared apartment is filled with nothing but colors and sparkles, which is all thanks to Penelope. After Mary found her fiancee in bed with another woman following a long case away from home, she packed up her belongings and quickly moved out of their shared apartment. Mary hasn't been one to live alone and nothing feels better after a heartbreak than living with a close friend and coworker.

"P.G..." Mary says frowning at her friend who walked away. She hasn't been with someone since her fiancee and she believes 2 years is enough time to get over an ex. "I think starting a profile is enough for tonight..."

"Marjorie. You put your name and a photo. You need more to find a match," Penelope says as she refiles the wine in each of their glasses. "And I'm telling you, online dating is the thing of the future! You don't even have to find the one, you could definitely find a one night stand! A continuous fling! Someone to tickle the downstairs so we can get a break at work!"

"I'm not that bad! I mean Hotch is most definitely worst!" Mary says defending her role as the boss. Since 2005, the role of the Unit Chief has become too difficult for one man to do. Therefore the establishment of Assistant Unit Chief was created inorder to lessen the responsibilities Aaron would have to face on his own.

When he made the role he only had one woman in mind who could take the challenge. That being his partner of years, the woman he couldn't nor wouldn't get out of his mind. Agent Marjorie Leaman. When Aaron offered it to her she instantly said yes; Aaron couldn't keep his eye off the red lipped woman as she smiled brighter than the sun.

As her closest friend, Aaron thought that she would tell him about Henry. It didn't take a genius to realize that Henry fucked up. He flooded the office for weeks with flowers. White daisies and yellow tulips.

Almost like common sense Aaron knew those weren't Mary's flowers, she was a red rose or a pink peony. Never a white daisy or yellow tulip.

Yet Mary kept that secret away from Aaron. She never told the group what really happened, not when she stopped wearing her diamond ring, not when she moved in with Penelope, and not when she threw out the flowers gifted to her every week. She was almost ashamed that she didn't profile cheating when she looked into their relationship. Her career is to read people and she couldn't read that the man she was with everynight was fucking other people in their bed.

As if it was fate in the BAU no relationship seems to work. The once happy Hotchner home is nothing but screaming matches and separate sleeping arrangements.

Unlike Mary, Aaron had the inkling. All the late night leaving, hushed phone conversations, and the distance his wife made from him. He knew his wife was cheating on him. Deep down, he completely understood why she was doing it. He was never home, and when he was home he was too sleep deprived to unpack his bag, let alone touch his wife. He knew he couldn't stop her, and he knew it was completely his fault for his wife to go to another man with open arms.

"He's always frowning nowadays," Mary says as her wine glass touches her lips. The sweet hibiscus fruity flavor filters her tongue as she swallows her cold Rosé. It's hard to see a friend obviously upset but there's nothing that could be said to open him up. Between cases and paperwork both Mary and Aaron are hyper focused on trying to lessen the work and spend way too much time in the office.

"This job does it to the best," Penelope says as she drinks. They just lost their old unit chief Gideon, because the job truly just became too much. When Mary went down to Gideon's cabin there was note addressed to her. If one person knew Mary it was Gideon, and he being gone truly caused a shift.

She added more work onto her work load, she calls each police station and tries to give guidance taking paperwork off JJ's desk, she takes casefiles off Derek and Emily's piles because their writing is awful and she just needs to be busy. Her need to be busy also ended up with a sudden account on Match.com.

"You know if I ever become old and cranky, just shoot me," Penelope says. Mary looks up from her laptop to her closest friend. "Not in a cry for help, just in a... I become bored!"

"That really doesn't help your case, you know, and Aaron is not boring. There's a lot of work and it's exhausting."

"Maybe we should throw a party?" Penelope says leaning over the counter to look at Mary.

"Not here." Penelope just sighs as she moves away.

"You know you're not a lot of fun," She says as she walks to her bedroom. Mary flips her friend off, as her bedroom door closes. She loves living with Penelope because there is never a boring day in her home.

Her account shows all the matches she might potentially have. Rather than looking, Mary closes her laptop and heads towards her room. Her head lists constant reminders for the next day. Yet her comment about Aaron and the way his mood has changed has truly haunted her brain.

She vows that tomorrow she will talk to him. She will uncover why he is so cold. 

yall this was a pretty boring chapter so im giving you a free double upload <3