Enter Sandman

"We're off to never-never land

Take my hand

We're off to never-never land

Take my hand

We're off to never-never land" -Metallica

2005

Her phone rings louder than any alarm Mary could've set off. A glass of wine sits on the floor, as her heel boots cause her feet to ache.

"SSA Leaman."

"THE BAU TEAM IS NEEDED ONSITE IN Seattle, Washington. DID YOU RECEIVE AND UNDERSTAND THIS MESSAGE.'' The automatic message goes off like usual.

"Yes," Mary says as she sits up off her couch. When she walked in after a long day at work she was expecting to come home to her fiancée and get a good meal. After opening a bottle of wine and resting her head on the sofa she was knocked out and before she knew it she was out the door once again. She dials the very number she seems to dial more than her brothers, as she starts her car.

"Hotchner." The phone says as she leaves her driveway.

"Are you sure about Gideon?" Mary asks, getting straight to the point. Past 2002, the old Unit Chief retired and left the office in mayhem. Two skilled agents fought long and hard for the position and unsurprisingly the wise Aaron Hotchner won the position. Mary, although supportive of her friend, felt crushed. She worked at the BAU longer, and many of their coworkers felt as if it was her position, but the old bastard told Mary that Aaron had the 'it' quality that Mary missed.

"He is the best, the director wants him back."

"Is he really the best?" She smirks as she drives towards the college that Gideon was teaching out. The whole scheme the director, Kellington, was plotting was in order to get Gideon back. Once Rossi left for retirement, the director wanted Gideon to be in charge, which he was and supported. Until the bombing. Losing 8 federal agents made Gideon almost a critic towards everything and everyone. Aaron sat him down in his office, and after 45 minutes Gideon packed his bag and took a mental health leave.

"You filled out the paperwork, so debate yourself. Kellington, a critic, knows who is needed to get the job done. I'll see you at the college." The radio was playing boring classics and the road was wet and quiet at 9 pm. Mary, who didn't have the case, didn't know what she was expecting, however a call on a Friday at 9pm tends to not show an easy case.

"Are you sure Reid should go in there? He likes Mary the best," Morgan says as the 4 of them wait in Gideon's office. "Why is Gideon teaching a class this late? If he was my teacher I'd boycott his class."

The file was getting passed around whilst Mary finished reading it, she snickered at whatever Morgan complained about.

"Reid read the case. You two haven't," Aaron says as he fixes his watch. Morgan slouched behind, using a desk as back support. Mary passes the file over to Morgan, as she copies down the notes she has on a small notepad in her bag. As the three of them all walk to meet with Gideon, Aaron leads, leaving Mary and Derek alone in the back.

"4 victims in 4 months. No leads and no evidence," Derek says, looking at the crime scene photo. A young woman, no less than 25, beaten and left dead like roadkill.

"He tortures the poor girls for 7 days, prolonging the death. A sadist fuck using them to get him off." Mary adds as they all reach Gideon's office.

"I'll look the case file over. I'll get some thoughts to you ASAP," The wise Jason Gideon says. Aaron quickly responds with a snap of the door.