Encounter

The busy city life, the cars honking, the polluted air and the people talking from here and there became blurry in her vision. She inhaled the already stench in sweat air and slowly walks over to the bench across the street. Her knees are almost giving away, is this the consequences of waking up late and chose not to have breakfast before heading for the day? All she wants is to get there in time, she needs that interview above anything else right now. 

Her money is not gonna cover for the upcoming weeks, she needs that job as much as she needs air. Disowned by her own parents, she strives to get back up. She grew up with silver spoon and the abrupt abandonment from her parents leaves her nothing but to start everything from scratch.

It's tough, her hope was shattered so many times. There are times that she almost gave up, end her life and just forget everything but her will to live is too strong that it pushes her to pick herself back again. She promised to herself that letting go of her is a big mistakes made by the people who bought her into this world.

The decision cane from her dad, he got pissed after she refused to marry the boy her dad wants. She refused to controlled, thankful enough from the life she had but it does not give them the permission to decide about her future.

Clutching unto the bench, she took a couple of heavy breaths to calm her senses. The dizziness still there but it's tolerable now. Taking a sip of her now almost empty water, braced herself for a sudden move of getting up. Few meters away and she'll be there.

Confidently walks towards the building knowing full well she has few minutes, she envied the people just strolling in the city without worries. That was her life before, she got nothing to worry about because she was fed with everything she needs. All she thought that time that the privilege of having a good life will stay the way it was. Oh boy, she was wrong.

Good thing she is good in saving, that saves her from crawling her way away from the streets. She managed to get an apartment after she was kicked out of their house.

Pressing the top floor, she clears her head and temporarily forgets everything she is going thru. She needs a clear head on this one. She needs to be attentive and make sure she won't make mistake. Finishing college was a good idea, it was tempting enough already to stop going to school when her father bugs her during those days, a month after her graduation everything drastically changed. She lost everything she has.

Good morning, I'm here for an interview. I said to the girl sitting behind the desk.

Hello, are you Miss Maddeleine Mae Tiu? The girl said sounding professional. Her appearance is not intimidating and that helps my already anxious self.

Yes Ma'am, i was set for an interview at 9am. I said while handling her my printed appointment.

Oh yes, I was expecting you a bit later. That's a good impression of you, keep it up. She complimented me and i was flattered. Way to go maddy.

Thank you Ma'am. I said and waits for what's she gonna say next. The friendly girl gives her a little hope and calms the turmoil building up on her.

Please follow me, the interview will be conducted by our head. She'll join you after 10mins. She said leading me to another room, one door away from where she is.

After saying thank you, i composed myself as i wait for the head to pop out any moment. I mentally take notes on the important keywords i might need later. She needs to ace this interview, this is her only chance to go on with her life. She can't give up now.