Unexpected

She insisted on driving me to my apartment after, i beg her to just let me grab a taxi since the place in my apartment is not that ideal place for a girl like me. I was left with no choice but to go for it since my money is not that big.

Is this the right way? This place seems dangerous for a beautiful girl like you. I blushed after i heard what she said, she complimented me casually as if it's just a normal thing to say.

This is the only place i find when i was scavenging the other week. I honestly told her earlier about my situation, i did not even fathom why i just blurted that out unconsciously. She has this way of making people at home and at ease. I could feel that i can trust her too.

Upon entering the vicinity, she followed me thru where my unit is. Her eyes are squinting aside from the sun, i know she is observing the people around. I saw the look of distrust linger a little bit longer on her face, the shaking of the head confirming my suspicions that she does not approve the place where i'm living.

Pack your things Addie, I'm taking you away from here. I will not let you stay here one more night, common I'll help you. By the looks of it, it's not much anyways. I look at her in astonishment. How could she easily decide that? This is the only place i could afford for now, i don't know where to find a place as cheap as this.

What? No, i know you observe the people outside but this is the only place i can afford. If i transfer now, i won't have enough for the upcoming days. I was about to panic when i glance at her calm face. She seems not bothered about how i worried i am, she is just chilling nicely sitting on the chair.

Don't worry about it, every employee on my mother's company is gifted a place to live on. I'll take you there, don't worry about it. Come let's start. I watch her grab the box from the cabinet, as if she knows where i put everything and she packs everything one by one.

She did not even bother that i was just standing here watching her, she just continued placing my things in the box.

We were almost done when i saw her grabs her phone from her pocket. I ignored her as i continue to do as she says.

Uncle Max, i need you here. I'll share my location and i'll just wait for you. I'll text you the details after this call and we'll meet there. I heard her say to the person she is calling. I saw her type something on her phone but i was lost on her eyes again.

Are my eyes bothering you? She suddenly asked out of nowhere which startled me.

For someone who is kin in every detail around her, you failed to read me this time. I said which made her smile. I know she was just trying to make me smile and she did actually.

Fair enough, we're almost done here. We will just wait for Uncle Max and then we're good to go. She said roaming her eyes around the four corners of my room.

Uncle Max? I asked.

Oh, company driver. He is assigned by mom to pick up the things the company needs. He's been with us for almost 20years, he is somewhat like my second father. She explained and all this time i was pulled deeply into her eyes again.

We continued with the things left when we heard a car stops outside. A group of men entered my room and picks up the box one by one. I stayed on the corner wondering what to do to help, those are my things anyway.

Come, you'll ride with me. We'll meet them at the location. She leads me outside after she talks to the landlady, i don't know what she said i just stood there and just trying to absorb everything. It all went so fast right before my eyes. All of a sudden things started to get better for me in just a day, such unexpected twist and turns of events.