Better days

Sky..i called her while she was focusing on the road. She tilted her head, eyes sparkling just like the galaxy.

Yes Addie?

Thank you for what you did. I appreciate everything you do for me. I don't know how to thank you, all i can say is that I promise to love in every way i can. I said that made her smile, the one that reaches her beautiful attractive eyes.

Like i said, i'd do anything for you. I want to ease your worries and i can't just watch when you are hurting when i can do something. How can i be so lucky to have her?

I love you Sky..i really do. I pulled myself to kiss her cheek which immediately bought a wide smile on her beautiful face.

I could not ask for more when this person gives her all for me. After all i've been through, i was blessed with the most amazing human being ever existed. With Sky, i am at peace. I know she won't do anything to shatter me.

What are you thinking Addie? A soothing voice invades my thoughts.

You. I am so lucky to have you Sky. I said sincerely.

No Addie, I am the one who is blessed. She said as i looked at her curiously.

You really love to argue Sky. I said while furrowing my eyebrows.

Because it's true. You became my life's purpose, the reason why i strive to get back on my feet and to face the problems that once destroyed my soul. Because of you I long to see every tomorrow, to dream big and to offer the world whatever i can. You, Addie is my light. She said and i could not help but tear up of how she said those words genuinely.

You have a big heart Sky, even without me i know you'll find your light eventually. Now that you are with me, I will be with you every step of the way. I'll hold your hand in every decision you are making and expect to have my support along the way. I said smiling.

Will you go with me this weekend? Sky asked out of nowhere.

Sure but where are we going? And all i get was a smile from her.

You'll see. Skylar and her secrets. My God.

You are not gonna murder me, right? I joked.

Jesus, Addie. What made you think that. She said panicking cutely.

That was a joke Sky. I said slapping her shoulder.

Bad joke for a beautiful woman like you. She said that made me blush, once again. No matter what i say it always ends up me blushing over her.

We spend the night bantering and watching movies as we cuddle in the sofa. Her presence brings immense joy and contentment i never had before. Her arms wrapped around me is like a prison i want to be in for the rest of my life. I wonder if marriage crossed her mind? Because if it did, i would gladly say yes.

I know it's too early but I know deep in my heart, Skylar is the one i want to spend my life with. I want us to take our time but I want her to be mine forever too. Seeing her enjoying the little things in life makes my heart flutter, she maybe have the luxurious life growing up but she stood on her ground, she value things that are important to those people who have nothing in life. She understood their pain and she always gives something to ease the heavy burden they are carrying.