Acknowledging

I am crossing my arms looking at her, i stayed quiet. She is fidgeting on the sofa, her eyes avoiding mine.

Addie..I'm sorry, please hear me out. Hear my ass.

I don't know why do you have to do that Skylar. I said not moving an inch.

Because I love you, Maddeleine. What?! My God.. please sit down. She taps the space beside her.

My knees almost gave up while walking, how the hell she just blurted it out of nowhere. I clear my throat because i am so damn nervous.

Sky..you just can't blurt it out just like that. I said while trying to calm down the butterflies on my stomach.

Addie..i know it may come as a surprise but I really do. I am in love with you. I don't expect anything in return. Let me love you, let me spoil you and i promise not to give you trouble along the way. The moment i laid my eyes on you, i knew. The day i caught with you on the elevator, it was on purpose. I have seen you many times before, i just don't know how to talk to you without scaring you. Please don't be mad..she said not taking her gorgeous eyes away from me.

Sky..

Addie..you may not notice it my life is getting back on track because of you. I am slowly getting back on being a surgeon because you encourage me. I wanna be a better version of myself not for you to love me back but for myself too. I have a long way ahead but i am getting there. You gave me hope when i can't even have a clear vision of tomorrow. The dark cloud covering over my head was blown away because of the light you bought into my existence. Thank you for that.

Skylar...

I have lost my purpose in life, i was just flowing and letting the air take me anywhere. But since you came, i found my light again. I lost the will to fight but you unconsciously held my hand to lead my spirit again. I was wrap with self doubt and self blaming but the way you look at me made me realized that maybe, maybe i should stop how i treat myself. I see myself the way you see me, your gaze brings me comfort. The way you trust me makes me trust myself once again.

I don't why i did not say it back. I am in love with her too, while she was explaining her feelings for me i feel like i was exposed. Bit by bit she made me realized what i feel about her. Instead of saying it to her, i chose silence. It's her moment, i don't want to interrupt her. Maybe i let her finish first. Or maybe i'll just keep it to myself for now.

Sk-

Will you give me the chance to show it to you? I promise not to go too far or not being too much. She pleads.

SKYLAR ELIZABETH!!! Why do she keeps on interrupting me! Gosh! This made her jolt from the seat.

I can't promise anything yet but i'll let you do the things you want. I don't want fancy things or extravagant dates Sky, so take note. I said that made her face lit ip in excitement.

Thank you. I'll love you in every way, till my heart tells me too. Don't feel pressured, rest assured i am not expecting you to love me back. Let me, that's all i ask. She said.

Too late Sky. I am in love with you too but maybe i'll just leave you clueless for now.

.....

Since that night, i was bombarded with sweet good morning messages with flowers, a cup of coffee in my table and every little things she does for me. Her mom has always been supportive, she supports her daughter's happiness above anything else. My dad did not really bother me since then, i guess Skylar did really make her point understood.