Chapter two

The constant whispers and murmurs from 1-A go unnoticed by Deku. Oblivious to the vast majority of the class talking about him. He is too busy worrying about making eye contact with Bakugo to even notice, internally analysing his every move to make sure he avoids any contact with Bakugo. Mr Aizawa walks into the class, his gaze on Deku as-well. Mr Aizawa just assumes he'd overdone his training, and doesn't worry too much, yet there is still a hint of concern lingering in his mind. He gains the classes attention and starts speaking, beginning the lesson. As Mr Aizawa speaks, Deku barely listens, still intent on his refusal to take notice of Bakugo, as he's still hurt from the sight he saw yesterday in the group chat. He feels some gazes on him, but keeps his head down to avoid any suspicion towards himself. Mr Aizawa continues the class, until the bell rings, signalling lunch. Deku slowly gets up from his seat, as-well as his other classmates. He goes to leave but gets called out by Mr Aizawa.

"Midoriya, I need to talk to you." Mr Aizawa says, tone stern but concerned.

Deku turns around and walks up to Mr Aizawa, every word escaping his mouth soft and quietly spoken.

"Y-yeah?" Deku replies, with hesitation.

"I've noticed you're acting a bit different, and your arms are covered, is there something going on?" Mr Aizawa asks, his concern becoming more evident.

"Oh...uh no.. I-i just trained a little bit too hard last night" Deku replies, trying his best to hide the underlying reason to his change in demeanour and covered up arms.

"Alright. But you do know you can come to me if you need anything. If you're struggling, you're not alone. You may be a pain in the ass sometimes, but that doesn't mean I'm not here to help and support you with any troubles you may have. Physically, or mentally." Aizawa replies, gentle and full of worry.

"T-thank you, I can assure you I'm fine, but I'll keep your words in mind." Deku replies, still shocked at Mr Aizawa's soft tone.

"No worries. Remember, we are all here to support you. Now get going, but my doors always open if you need to chat." Mr Aizawa says, softly but sternly.

"Will do, thanks" Deku replies before saying goodbye and heading out.

Deku keeps his head down as he walks through the halls, avoiding the cafeteria. He goes outside and sits in a secluded spot on the grass, thankful nobody has approached him. However, that was short lasted before someone approaches, footsteps oddly loud, as if they're trying to let him know they're coming.

"Please, Izuku. Let me explain" Bakugo pleads in a soft tone.

Deku knows that voice too well, he continues to avoid eye contact. He doesn't speak a word before getting up and walking off. He feels tears well up in his eyes at Bakugo's presence. His sadness consuming his body. He wondered to himself why he messed up so bad, and why he actually believed Bakugo actually loved him. He goes into the bathroom and sobs, his pent up stress from the class releasing. Tears stream down his face as he tries to keep his composure, but fails nevertheless. He pulls out the blade from his pocket again, drawing more lines on his wrists. Feeling a sense of comfort from the blood drawn skin, he wraps his wrists up again and heads out. He decides to go back to his dorm, he doesn't want to deal with any further questioning, or anything to do with Bakugo.

He makes his way to his dorm, swinging open the door and gently shutting it, locking it behind him. He opens the group chat, to see yet again another saddening photo. Only this time, Kirishima was cuddling a crying Bakugo. Deku is oblivious to Bakugo's crying and focuses on the fact they're cuddling, feeling a sense of jealousy, anger, and stupidity.

Bakugo notices Deku looking in the group chat, and tries to reach out once again.

"Please Izuku, hear me out, read my messages, please." It read.

Deku ignored the message and shut his phone off. He puts it on his night stand and tries to sleep the wavering sadness off. Successfully falling asleep. Only to have a dream about him and Bakugo, as happy as they were before any of this crap happened. He feels helpless as he can only watch the dream unfold, unsure of what will happen next. Memories start flowing in like an open book, resonating Deku with every positive moment him and Bakugo had. Deku suddenly wakes up, and begins violently sobbing once again. He hugs his pillow as he cries for hours on end. He then feels the dormitory fill with classmates who just got off school. He hides his cries as much as he can, desperately trying not to draw attention to himself.

Deku focuses on being quiet, as a knock on his door snaps him out of those thoughts completely. He hears a worried voice from the other side of the door.

"Hey, cmon. Where'd you go? Are you okay Izuku?" Bakugo asked from behind the door, concern overcoming him. Deku could clearly hear the underlying concern in Bakugo's voice.

Deku decides not to answers and goes to sleep once again, his sadness resulting in exhaustion. He finds himself slipping away into another state of slumber. This time, no dream or nightmare at all, just a black vision.