Chapter Five

As Deku feels himself slip into a nightmare, his body feels paralysed, but he knows his surroundings. He tries his best to move or wake up, but no matter how hard he tries, he can't.

"Kacchan!!" Deku says lightly, laughing.

"What Deku?" He replies, cold and angrily.

"I wanted to know if you would wanna maybe hang out?" Deku hesitantly responds.

"No. Now fuck off." Bakugo says, raising his voice ever so slightly, but enough to tell he's serious.

"Oh...uh, okay then" Deku replies with tears in his eyes.

Deku walks away from Bakugo, tears trying their hardest to escape his eyes. He tries to keep his composure but overtime it slowly breaks, resulting in him breaking down. As his breakdown progresses, he sees all of his middle school memories, the ones where he was bullied, told he can't be a hero. But one stuck out to him the most, the time Bakugo told Deku to take a swan dive off the roof of the building. Deku snaps out of those thoughts, and wipes his tears away, leaving some tear stains down his cheeks. He walks around, trying to get some fresh air, but sees Bakugo again, this time, hanging out with Kirishima. A cruel reminder that Deku is easily replaceable.

Deku just stares for a while, not knowing how to feel. He shakes his head in a desperate attempt to shake off every disheartening thought, it barely works, leaving him wrapped in a cocoon of solitude. No one to drag him out of the hole he's dug himself into. No one to hear his cries, nobody to help him when he needed it the most.  He locks himself in his room and lays down on his bed, closing his eyes. Transitioning him into Bakugo's arms.

Deku wakes up, next to a sleeping Bakugo. He quietly slips out of Bakugo's arms and stumbles into the bathroom. He sits on the floor and starts sobbing. He's unsure why he's feeling this way, especially about a dream. He feels there's no other way to control his feelings, and once again draws the blade to his arms. This time was different however, he didn't feel better after. He desperately needed to feel better, drawing the blade deeper, and deeper, until his arms were numb. Until he felt numb. He wrapped his arms up. And sat on the floor with stains on his face from his previous crying mess. He hears shuffling in his bed, it was Bakugo. He hears footsteps approaching the bathroom door, followed with a quiet knock.

"Hey, Izu, you in there?" Bakugo asks, a little concerned.

"Y-yeah, I'm in here" Deku replies, trying to mask the fact he had been crying.

"What's wrong? I can hear your voice shaking" Bakugo asks, concern growing by the second.

"N-nothing... don't worry." Deku replies, failing miserably at lying.

"Open the door Izuku." Bakugo says

"I-I....give me a second" Deku responds.

"No. Open it now." Bakugo says, stern but concerned.

Deku quickly hides the blade in his pocket, and unlocks the door, stepping back. Bakugo walks in, seeing Deku in a state he's never seen before. Bakugo runs to Deku and brings him into a warm embrace. He accidentally hits Deku's arm, causing Izuku to wince in pain. Bakugo looks down, confused, wondering what brung Izuku that pain. He sees his arms, wrapped up, but with blood seeping through parts of the bandage. Before Izuku could protest, Bakugo unwraps his arms and sees what he had done to himself. His eyes widen in shock as he tries to take in the sight.

"Izuku.. what the fuck?"