In the search of a new assistant

What?

Toto's assistant hastily puts down the box of cupcakes between Toto and me on the table and with a quick glance down, I can finally see what's written on them.
In a cute font written in white, it says 'its a boy'
Finally, the wheels in my head start turning again and I jump up to hug her.

"Wow congratulations"

At first she was stiff in my touch but as soon as the words had left my mouth, she practically melts and throws her arms around me. A little happy squeel comes out of her and I believe to have never seen or heard her this happy. Sure I only knew her for a few months but still, she always seemed either cold or worried.

"How wonderful"

Toto speaks up behind us and I pull out of the hug. Tania, Totos now pregnant assistant, looks a bit shocked.

"Look mr Wolff Im very sorry, I wasn't planning on getting pregnant and I was actually really scared of telling you"

Her apology comes out fast and in her voice, you can clearly hear her worry. I can understand that Tania is worried. Toto isn't known for being the nicest when it is about work but right now even he looks worried.

"Tania"

He speaks

"Things happen and a pregnancy is a beautiful thing. So be happy and don't worry about work"

I can practically see the weight of the concern falling off of Tania. Her shoulders sink a bit and I can even see a faint smile. My heart is still beating fast from the news and the tension in the room from before was gone.

"The second thing I should probably say is that my doctor recommended I should stop working as early as possible since this job is very stressful..."

She makes a short pause before adding

"But that is exactly why I have been involving Mila so much in my work. She can probably do almost everything now I can and I thought, just for a small while, whilst you are searching for a new assistant, she can maybe take over"

Tania first looks at Toto and then at me.
I first look at Tania and then at Toto
And Toto first looks at me then Tania and then back at me. Our eyes meet and I can see the way he is thinking about what Tania said. My brain goes back a few weeks to when I was on the paddock and Tania kept mentioning how important it is that I also know the task of an assistant. Everything starts to make sense now.
She was right, though. Besides her, I am best fit for the Job and maybe I would even be good at it.

"Would you do it?"

Toto looks up at me still seated in his chair.

"Only for a short while, Of course"

He clarifies and I think. I mean, the blog is doing well and I don't think it would hurt if I took the Job for a while.

"Yes sure"

I agree and guess what comes next... a mental forhead slap. The moment the word 'sure' came out of my mouth, I realized that those tasks would require me to spend even more time with him. Probably even at his personal office (Which is in his house).
I should really learn the importance of thinking before speaking.

"Thank you so much, you are amazing"

Tina is hugging my side but I am still looking at Toto.

———————
My head hits the bar with a quite pang.

"YOU DID WHAT?"

Lando is seated next to me.
He is dressed in a very nice dress shirt and normal jeans. Looking good as always. Together we are sitting at a bar because there was no way I was going to tell him about today without at least a full glass of wine already down.