Knowing german

With a click, the office door opens and I enter the room. This early in the morning, the air in the office is still cold and I turn up the heating. The whole building is probably empty, and I came here early to enjoy the quiet. I haven't really been able to sleep, so I would rather use the time for something good.

Toto found it easier if I just sat on the other side of his desk so we could always quickly discuss new posts and statments. So I pull out my chair and sit down on the desk, my back facing the door. The laptop makes its signature starting noise and I fall back into the comfortable work rhythm. Its like the noise sets me in a focused writing mood and everything around me disapears. The keyboard clicking starts filling the room and slowly the heat rises. Next to me in the big window, I can see the sun rise and I take a quick break.

With coffee in my hand, I stand in front of the window. Water drops slide down the glass and its like I can watch the world come alive out there. Its beautiful and sometimes I wish I could stop time.

Ive been working on a new big article I cant wait to publish but since yesterday my brain had been to full to write. This right now is exactly what I needed. I sink back into my chair and the words pour out of me effortlessly. Im so focused that I don't realize the lights outside turn on and the door opens.

His heavy presence towers over me and I don't have to look to know it is him. Im not sure he knows that I know he is there but I continue writing. The seconds strech and after a while of no movement, Im not so sure anymore if im just imaging it. Maybe I just want him to be here, watching me and maybe I'm lying to myself to get back the feeling I felt that night at the party. I remembered everything.  The way he looked at me. The way his eyes feel on my thighs. Goosbumps errupt over my back and I clear my throat. Suddenly my skirt feels to short and the air drifts up between my legs.

A shuffle behind me reminds me of where I am and what I'm doing.

''You are very ambitious....''

He leans down next to me and I swallow the forming lump. I can slightly feel his breath at the side of my neck. His face is close but his eyes focused on the text on my screen.

''...Showing up this early''

''um yes sir... I just wanted to use the time''

He gets back up and walks around the table to his seat. Finally, he comes into my point of view, and I let out a silent curse. He is wearing his glasses and a polo hoodie with a dress shirt underneath. He looks incredible good and I watch him while he logs into his computer. His fingers fly over the keyboards. 

He has no idea, I remember.

'you shouldn't be looking at me like that'

The memories come back in a rush and I feel the heat rise to my face. I had shamelessly called him out on staring and then told him I liked it. All I want to do is smash my head against the table and run away but he doesnt know. He doesn't know I remember every single detail.
After that little celebration yesterday, it all came back and I couldn't even stop myselfe from telling Lando. He of course was all ears and I had to describe every single second of that evening. His Jaw dropped every once in a while and I can't blame him. The memories have been haunting me till deep in the night. A new kind of heat was running through me and it feels so incredible wrong.
What would have happened if he didn't leave? I wouldn't have said no, I know that.

''My assistant called''

My head snaps up

''She said she wants to talk to me, so I think she might show up soon''

I nod finally finding myself back in the moment and out of my head.

''Okay Sir, anything else on the schedule today?''