Chapter 25

Sam was crying into Isabelle's chest as she finished telling her what had happened at the abandoned laser tag. Isabelle stroked her hair, trying to calm Sam down.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you," Isabelle cooed softly to comfort Sam. "You're ok now. You're safe."

Suddenly, Sam pulled away from Isabelle, her face flushed with anger. "You should be sorry. We could've handled it if you'd answered your phone. I called and texted, asking for backup. When we needed you most, you weren't there! Where the hell were you?"

Isabelle was taken aback by Sam's sudden shift in tone. Trying to calm the situation, she responded gently, "What happened isn't my fault, Sam. You also know I can't fight, especially with my concussion. I couldn't have helped even if I wanted to."

Sam's frustration only seemed to deepen. "So you wouldn't have fought even if you could?... You're a shitty friend."

"That's not fair," Isabelle said, her voice trembling with hurt. "Don't say things like that. It's painful, especially when I've always tried my best to be a good friend to you."

Sam rolled her eyes dismissively. "Don't be dramatic. If you're hurt by me telling the truth, then that's your own fault."

Reaching her breaking point, Isabelle finally broke down, "You keep hurting me... and blame it on me. How is it my problem when you hurt me? How is that my fault?"

"Get out," Sam snapped, her tone icy and unforgiving. "I'm done with you making everything about yourself."

Isabelle flinched at the harshness in Sam's voice, her heart sinking as she struggled to hold back her tears. Without another word, she turned and walked away, feeling a deep sense of betrayal and sadness.

~

The Cobra kai's were bragging about the encounter with the Miyagi-dos yesterday, tauntingly recounting the cries for help they had heard. Hawk laughed along with them until Mitch brought up Demetri.

"Man, it was so sick! Tory was just kicking ass, and I took care of Chris. And Hawk got that beta Demetri in an arm bar like Chris Jericho and just..." Mitch exclaimed, making a cracking noise to mimic the sound of Demetri's arm breaking. Hawk cringed at the memory, the vivid sound making his stomach churn. He turned away, trying to shake off the unease creeping into his mind.

Noticing his discomfort, Tory walked up to Hawk and whispered, "You know, I didn't think you were actually gonna do it."

Hawk nodded, taking a deep breath to steady himself. "Yeah, well, they got what they deserved. And I hope this means you forgive me," he said, forcing a hesitant smile and glancing at her with hope in his eyes.

Tory looked down at her feet for a moment before smirking and leaning in to kiss him. "Does that answer your question?" she teased. Hawk's heart lifted, a genuine smile spreading across his face as relief washed over him. For a brief moment, everything felt right again. But the moment was short-lived.

The door to the dojo creaked open, drawing everyone's attention to the group of newcomers walking in. Hawk's smile faded as he recognized one of the faces in the group—Kyler.

"Class...welcome our new students," Kreese announced as he strode out of his office with a predatory grin. "Joining Cobra Kai is a privilege, which is why our new recruits must earn their position in this dojo. Prepare yourselves for combat. Only the strong will survive." The atmosphere in the dojo shifted, tension crackling in the air as the recruits realized what was coming. Hawk's eyes narrowed, his mind racing as he realized that Kyler's presence meant he could lose everything he'd worked so hard to gain.