17. Voices Unheard

Akshara prayed to the god and asked him to bless her family. Let her and Abhinav be always together. She has been quite excited to confess her love to her man for a few days. But thank God she was finally going back to her home. Her Kasauli. Where only happiness resides. She turned around and stopped looking at the person standing in front of her.

As she gazed into his eyes, her smile faltered, and a wave of anger washed over her. She felt a familiar resentment simmering beneath the surface, threatening to boil over. The man she had once loved, the man she had thought she knew, stood before her, his eyes gleaming with a newfound connection.

But she knew better. She knew the pain he had caused her, the heartache he had left in his wake. The memories came flooding back, and her anger rushed to the forefront, eclipsing the momentary warmth she had felt.

How dare he, she thought, her mind seething with indignation. How dare he stand there, smiling at her, as if nothing had ever happened between them. As if he hadn't shattered her heart into a million pieces.

Her eyes narrowed, her gaze piercing through the facade of the charming, talented man before her. She saw the ghost of the past, the specter of heartache and betrayal. And her anger flared, a wildfire burning out of control.

Abhimanyu looked at her with hope and hugged her tightly.

Akshara was shocked to see him hugging her. She came out of his hug angrily and slapped him straight.

"What the hell are you doing? How dare you touch me?"

The slap wiped the smile from his face. He looked at her brokenly and asked

"Akshu."

Akshara angrily cut him off and said,

"Akshara. Mera naam Akshara Abhinav Sharma hai. So do not call me by that awful name. Uss naam se bohot buri yaadein judi hai. I have no interest in bringing forth my own miserable memories."

"Kyu kar rahi ho aisa. We love each other so much. Isiliye toh aayi ho na yaha."

Akshara scoffed loudly.

"Pyaar? Pyaar ka matlab bhi jante ho tum? You don't love me. You never loved me. You just had a fancy idea that you loved me. It was never love. It was your zid. Woh zid jisne meri zindagi barbaad kardi. Are apni hi shadi ke din mujhe emotionally blackmail Kiya. Suicide ka drama Kiya. Chalo humne shaadi kar li. Are rishta nibhaya kya kabhi tumne. Anisha mari, toh laga diya ilzam, insult kiya rishto ka, ghar se jane ke liye keh diya, chalo maaf Kiya, Neil ko galti se sach pata chala, tab bhi ilzaam lagaya, chalo maaf Kiya, Abortion ke liye force Kiya, chalo maaf Kiya, Neil mara, uske liye blame kiya, chalo maaf Kiya, but yeh kaise bhul jau ki jab jarurat padi hai tumhari, you are the first person to raise hands saying ki tumse na ho payega. How do I forget the humiliation?

Tumne Bhai khoya, mana, but bacche maine khoye na tumhare Bhai ke heropanti ki wajah se. Maine toh blame bhi nahi kiya. Haq banta hai mera bhi ki me bhi blame game khelu, victim card play Karu. Jaise tum aur tumhari family karte hai.

Pata hai maine galti kaha ki, tumse shaadi karke. Pehle din kheech kr thappad mara hota na, toh yeh naubat hi nahi aati.

Saat saal pehle i lost everything not you. You didn't lose anything. Me chod kar gayi and I found the best gift of my life. Mera Abhinav. He taught me ki me khush bhi reh sakti hu. Zindagi jeena sikhaya hai mere Abhinav ne. Saat saal I was so happy, firse tum aaye meri jindagi me jeher gholne ke liye. Kyu? Aree jab Roz taane maarne hi hote hai, toh yeh dikhave ka drama kyu, ki hay me Akshara se kitna pyaar karta hu, uske pati se firse use mangta hu?

Khilona samajh kar rakha hai? Jab chaha istemal kar liya, jab chaha fek diya. Majak lagti hai tune shaadi?

Oh sorry. Me toh bhul hi gayi, how hard life you had. Poor you, daddy issues right. Isiliye dard toh sirf tumhara hua, baki logo ka haw thodi ke rone ka. Tumhare Black and white world me sirf do log dukhi ho sakte hai, ek tumhari maa, aur dusre tum.