Chapter 11

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Harry paced in front of Elara's office building, a box of sushi in hand and a nervous look on his face

Harry paced in front of Elara's office building, a box of sushi in hand and a nervous look on his face. He wasn't sure if what he was doing was going to cross some invisible line that Elara had put in place. He thought it would be a good idea, possibly even cute, making her want to let him in more, but now, he was second guessing it. It had been a busy week for both of them, and Harry had missed her more than he anticipated he would. He never thought he would miss another persons presence and energy so much ever in his life. Elara had been engrossed in launching her new children's fall line, and he decided that a surprise visit, complete with lunch, might be just what they both needed.

He approached the reception desk, where a friendly older looking woman who he assumed to be the receptionist looked up from her computer. "Hi, I'm here to see Elara Harris. I'm a friend of hers. I thought I would bring in some lunch for her."

The receptionist's eyes widened in recognition. "Oh, of course! Elara's office is on the 14th floor, Suite 1403. Just take the elevator up, and it'll be on your right."

"Thank you," Harry said with a warm smile, heading towards the elevator.

The elevator ride seemed to take forever, giving him and his mind enough time to play out different scenarios of what her reaction would be when she saw him, but before his mind could come up with any others he was on the 14th floor, walking towards Suite 1403. His heart raced with excitement and nerves as he approached her office. He could hear her voice through the closed door, engaged in what sounded like a serious conversation about her upcoming fall line.

Harry took a deep breath, opened the door quietly, and slipped inside. Elara looked up from her desk, her eyes lighting up in surprise and delight. She was on the phone, but her smile spoke volumes. Harry set the box of sushi down on the small conference table in her office and waited patiently. He wanted to watch her, finding her in her work environment extremely attractive but decided to gaze around the room of her office. He noticed some pictures obviously drawn by Orion hung up on the walls causing him to smile.

Elara continued her call, her gaze occasionally flickering to Harry with a look of affectionate disbelief. "Yes, I understand. We'll finalize the details and send over the revised samples by tomorrow... Thank you. Goodbye."

She hung up the phone and looked at Harry with a beaming smile. "I can't believe you're here! I've missed you."

Harry chuckled, walking over to her and leaning against the desk. "I've missed you too. I figured you might be in need of a little break and some good food. I brought sushi."

Elara's eyes sparkled with excitement. "That's perfect. I've been craving sushi all week. Let me just tidy up a bit."

As Elara tidied her desk and closed the door to her office, Harry recognized the familiar sound of the lock clicking causing him to adorn a small smirk on his lips. He took in the space once again. Her office was stylishly decorated, with modern furniture, elegant artwork, and a large window offering a view of the city.