Fate

I'm in the mood for a mocha frappuccino today. I'm not a fan of hot drinks, no matter if the weather is cold or warm. By the way, today is beautiful; spring is already in the air and, finally, I can wear lighter clothes. My birthday is coming up. In fact, it's in a few days. I love to celebrate it, enjoy it with my loved ones and make it a day in which whatever I want is done, because it is my special day. I am glad to know that people remember me, that they congratulate me and, of course, I love receiving gifts. However, I don't have anything planned this year yet. I'll see how I organize it.

When I arrive, I find Sarah waiting for me in my new office. Since now that I'm going to be a project manager I've been assigned my own office, Sarah is there, ready to welcome me. I walk in, settle into my chair, and she closes the door behind her before telling me: 

—How was yesterday's dinner, Chloe? 

—Well, we had a great time, as always. 

—Aha, and don't you have anything else to tell me? 

I exhale sharply —Sarah, why did you tell him where I live? Yes, I saw him yesterday afternoon, I don't know why I didn't tell you. It just brings me so many feelings, you know what I'm talking about. I also don't know if I want to see him or talk to him again. 

—I'm sorry Chloe, it was the first time I saw him in person and he gave me so much confidence. You know I'm a hopeless romantic. What happened?  

—We have arranged to meet this afternoon at the cafe—. We remained silent. Sarah opens her eyes that seem like they are going to pop out and I nod my head. 

—What about you? What did you do last night?—. I say trying to change the subject. 

—We went to a party with J.J.—. She tells me with a playful smile. 

The sound of the internal phone interrupts us. 

—Sorry, it's Nicholas. I have to leave you, he wants me in the meeting office. We'll talk later.

I entered the meeting room and found everyone who would be part of my team, but I immediately asked myself: Where was Sarah? I will discuss this with Nicholas at the end of the meeting. 

We formally introduced ourselves; some of them I already knew from before, but there were several new faces, since the company is quite large. This is the team Nicholas usually works with, so I feel calm, knowing that I have his support. 

At the end of the meeting, I asked Nicholas to stay a few minutes to discuss some important issues. One of the points I wanted to address was the incorporation of Sarah to my team. He assured me that he agreed with my decision and that, since I am now in charge of orders and decisions, I could communicate with Sarah directly to inform her about her new role.

I'm returning to my new office, and although it's a strange change, I must admit that I like it. This is my personal space, much more private than the previous one. In addition, from here I have stunning views of the city, a spectacle that never ceases to amaze me. There is no doubt that having your own office is a luxury that I greatly appreciate. I would love to stay here forever and not have to return to the co-working area. However, everything will depend on the success of the project I am working on. If it turns out to be a success, I'm sure Nicholas will allow me to keep this office and assign me more projects. 

The first thing I do is notify Sarah, who, as expected, accepted the news with great enthusiasm. I immerse myself fully in work, knowing that I have a lot of tasks ahead of me. The project is ambitious and requires all my attention and effort, but I am ready for the challenge.

I can't wait to see you; I keep thinking about you—. However, now I get this message from Mason that completely throws me off. I don't understand why he insists so much. It is contradictory for me to say that he has not stopped thinking about me when, according to what I have been told, he has been involved with other women since we broke up. When we decided to end our relationship, I made sure to unfollow him on all social networks; I did not want to have any kind of contact with him. However, despite my efforts to stay out of it, I always end up finding out about what he does because people won't stop talking.