Once Again

We decided to take a walk in the park because the day is beautiful. The sun caresses our skin, and the gentle breeze envelops us. We walk so close that sometimes our hands brush against each other, creating a silent spark between us. We are talking about the past, remembering moments, laughing together. It makes me feel like nothing has changed; it's easy, natural, and full of good memories.

Suddenly, Mason stops and says:

— I'm tired of walking.

He sits on the grass with the nonchalance of a child. Before I can react, he grabs my hand and pulls me hard. I fall on the floor, lying next to him, and in an instant, he passes his arm over my body, leaving his torso on mine. His eyes sink into mine, deep and full of something I can't ignore.

— I miss you, Cherry — he says as his hand gently caresses my face. I try to look away, but he won't let me — I don't want to leave.

— It's not long until you're leaving. Don't think about it now.

His expression becomes serious, almost pained.

— And that kiss that left me wanting more... Why did you leave?

It's hard for me to answer, but I find the words.

— It's not that I didn't want to stay... of course I wanted to, but I don't want to rush things.

Mason sighs deeply, as if at that moment everything made sense to him. Then he steals a kiss from me, a fleeting kiss but so intense that it leaves my heart pounding. I love knowing that he feels comfortable enough with me to show me that spontaneity and desire that have always been his hallmark. His passion is something that has always fascinated me, that ability to give himself without reservations.

I, on the other hand, am more reserved, more likely to think and rethink every action before taking a step. Sometimes I would like to let myself go, let go of the reins and act with the same impulsiveness as he does. I feel a mixture of admiration and sadness, wishing I could be a little more like him, more free in my expression of love and desire.

I stay silent, feeling the warmth of his body against mine. I don't know how to express what I feel, not with words. But at this moment, here, with him so close, I realize that perhaps nothing needs to be said.

At that moment, a Golden Retriever runs past us, and we both look at each other with an immediate complicity. It's impossible not to remember what we used to say when we were together: that one day we would have one just like him and call him Thor. His gaze lights up with the same emotion of those days, while I, lost in memories, wonder how things have changed so much. Mason seems to realize that my mind has traveled far, and breaks the silence by proposing to go get something to eat. We had a late breakfast, but it's been several hours now, and I admit that I feel hungry too.

We opted for something quick and decided to go to a tapas place. We ordered several, shared them, and stayed chatting for a while. However, upon returning home, the atmosphere feels strange. It is as if we are rediscovering ourselves, but with the distance of those who are no longer the same.

Suddenly, a familiar voice breaks the tranquility of the afternoon. 

— Chloe, how are you? Sunday walk? — I freeze for a moment. It was Nicholas. Without giving me time to react, he steps forward and extends his hand towards Mason. 

— Nice to meet you, I'm Nicholas.— He says, with a confident smile.

— Mason, nice to meet you.— He replies, but I notice the shadow of contempt on his face. I'm trying to clarify the situation quickly.