Chapter 7: Light Catch

"I'm Brad, Christina's co worker." He told me. After a little while, he left, and I told Christina as much as I could of why I was looking for her.
"So, you want to come with me on my job to see the human world?" She asked me trying to sum up my story.
"Pretty much." I told her.
"You can come with me next time I go to work." She told me.
-------------
"Thanks!" I told her as I flew over to Skye's house. I knocked on the leafy door of her house, and she opened the door.
"Hey, Tree-Leaf! Back from George's house, I see. Did you get some sleep?" She said as she let me in.
"I didn't really get any sleep. It was really creepy there." I told her. She looked at me as if to say 'oh', and offered me some more tea. I drank a cup (really a petal) of it, and didn't feel tired anymore. We stayed and chatted for a while.
"Do you wanna come with me to the field we met you in?" she asked me.
"Sure." I replied. We started flying, and got there in about 10 seconds. I landed harshly, but on my feet, which was an improvement.
"Are you ready for a round of light catch?" She asked me. I looked at her confused, wondering what it was.
"Sure, I guess. It sounds fun." I replied. She smiled, and a flash of white light came out of her hand. With her other hand she formed it into a sphere. She threw it at me, and it went past me in a flash. I tried to chase after it by flying at top speed, but it was still faster. Skye passed by me super fast. Even faster than blink-and-you-miss-it fast. In under a millionth of a second, she was back.
"You'll have to be muck quicker than that if you wanna catch light at light speed. That was my weakest throw." She told me. I stood there amazed at how fast it was at her weakest throw. She threw it at me again, and it hit me, then bounced right back.
"How am I supposed to catch it? It's too fast for me." I told her. She looked at me sadly and tossed it up in the air super high, and it became the sun. She walked over to the meteorite that I came here on, and I followed her.
"What was this rock you were riding in on?" She asked me.
"It was the quickest way of transportation where I used to live." I lied to her.
"Ah. So your parents said you were old enough to live alone, so they put you on the rock and threw you here?" She asked me, as if that was normal.
"Yep. Is that what happened to you? Or do your parents live in a different house?" I asked her.
"Well, I flew here. I didn't ride on a rock." She told me. We stayed and talked for a while, then we flew back to her house.
"Since you just got here, I bet you don't have a house yet." She said as we were flying.
"Yeah. I don't have one." I replied.
"Well, I'll help you find one!" She said excitedly.