Chapter 10: The Discovery

When Cristina came home, I was still asleep on her couch.
"Tree-Leaf? What are you doing? Fairies don't sleep, unless it's after a long journey. Where were you?"  Christina asked me, which woke me up with a start.
"Wha- who- gah!"  I shuddered, "Oh, uh, Hi, Christina. You're home." I finally said after I've fully woken up.
"Where were you?" She asked me again, somewhat angrily.
"I was on your couch?" I responded, confused.
"You were sleeping. Fairies only sleep if they are tired after a long journey, so where did you go?" She told me this slowly, as if she was calming down.
"I didn't go anywhere, I swear." I told her, a little scared of how she would react. She looked at me in an understanding way, like she knew I was telling the truth.
"Well, why were you sleeping? There must be a logical reason, but I know everything about sleeping because of my job, and I don't have any other explanation. So tell me, why where you sleeping?" Christina asked me, quite confused. I knew the only way to explain was by telling the truth.
"Do you know Mary Peterson? She's a human you might've given dreams to." I asked her, so the truth would come easier when I told her.
"Oh yeah, I remember her! But, she's been missing for like, a few days or so. Actually, she was gone the night after we met you!" She responded, "But how does this explain why you were sleeping?" I took a deep breath before answering to prepare myself for telling the truth.
"Okay, so, crazy as this sounds, that was me. I am Mary Peterson. As I was walking home from school, I got hit by a meteor, the rock I showed up on, and got knocked into your world. I told you m name was Tree-Leaf because I thought that was a fairy name, and I wanted to fit in.The reason I wanted to come into the human world with you is to get back home." I told her all of this in the most honest way possible so she would understand the truth. She looked at me in shock.
"That would explain Mary missing, and you sleeping, and hat story is too crazy And specific to have been made up," She mumbled to herself, trying to understand and believe my crazy story. After some more incoherent mumbling, she looked at me with a smile.
"Oh my gosh! That is so incredible! I have to tell the others!" Sh says as she starts to fly away.
"Wait! No! Stop! Don't go!" I shouted at her, not wanting my secret revealed to anyone else. She stopped and flew back over to me.
"Please don't tell anyone. I'm not ready for others to know yet. Just let me tell them when I'm ready." I told her, and she nodded in an understanding way. I didn't tell her that George already knew, and I'm not going to tell George that I told Cristina. When I tell Skye, I won't tell her I told the others and I won't tell he others I told her. I just want everyone to treat this like a secret between the two of us.
-----------------------------
This chapter was written during my study hall because the teacher said we were allowed to do our own stuff, like writing, if we didn't have any schoolwork, so here I am........
epiclego42