listening party - 37

••☆••

Anne's pov...!

"Wow..."

"I know, right?" Billie said behind me.

We are at the forum for the LA listening party of my girlfriend's new album. Last night, she was at the New York listening party, and I couldn't go, so we agreed I'd be here for this one.

"This is hella big" I said, turning to look at all the seats around us.

"That's what she said!" Ricky shouted as he ran into the area that would be the 'stage.' He was a good friend of Finneas and Claudia

"Leave m'girl alone" Billie laughed and started chasing him, shark following this two kids.

Oh yeah, she brought shark.

"Guys, stop running! They're going to start bringing the stuff inside!" sweet Maggie raised her voice so that we all could hear her.

I walked over to her and gave her a side hug. She pulled me in with a gentle squeeze, and I snuggled close, feeling cozy.

"I missed you yesterday, I had to deal with these kids alone" although we all knew she was joking, Billie was quick to frown and approach "hey" she said and we both laughed.

"Dad is leading the staff" Finneas said entering hand in hand with Claudia "he says we should go wait in the green room so we don't get in the way" he added making quotation marks with his free hand at the end.

"Alright, let's get going before your dad comes over here to drag us out himself" Maggie turned to her two kids, giving me one last squeeze before letting me go.

We all started heading toward the green room, the sound of footsteps and light chatter filling the space as we followed Finneas and Claudia.

Billie was doing her thing, playing with Shark and chatting with her friends, all excited for the after party that would come after this. I sank into one of the couches, keeping to myself for a bit, letting the chatter and noise fill the space.

I couldn't help but feel a little shy around Billie's friends, they all seemed so confident and fun, and it was easy to feel a bit out of place. My own friends were coming a bit later, right when the show would start, which made me feel a little better.

After a while, Patrick peeked through the door of the green room "hey kiddo, they're about to start testing the lights and sound" he said before disappearing just as quickly as he'd come.

A second later, I was being dragged out of the room by my excited girlfriend and shark.

Just as we got close to what would soon be the stage, 'Skinny' blasted through the speakers, loud enough to feel the beat from outside. It made the whole place seem alive with sound, and I felt a rush of excitement hit me.

Billie pushed open the heavy double doors, and we walked into the room. The only light came from the soft blue tones she'd picked out, casting a cool glow over everything. It felt different, almost surreal, like the space had transformed completely.

Everyone followed us in, except for Maggie, who hung back. As soon as the doors closed behind us, Billie unclipped Shark's leash, letting him run around freely. He was off in a second, exploring the room with his tail wagging, which brought a smile to my face.

I made my way over to the corner where they'd set up a small area with a couch and a table. It was pretty empty for now, but I'd heard they'd be bringing water bottles and other things later. I sank into the couch, watching my girlfriend talking to someone of the staff.