8 - The First Meeting

Nope.

Felix had enough.

He has finally gone completely mad.
Yeah that’s the only logical explanation for the fact that he was literally standing face to face with Stray Kids in the convenience store around the corner.
No other option.
Should he just pinch himself to finally wake up?

But what if…what if this whole thing is real?

Because the way his legs are nearly giving out underneath him feels a little to real…And the way his eyes are burning too, because he’s pretty damn sure he hasn’t blinked in a whole damn minute.
Fuck…This is real.
He really needs to stop staring.

Yes?” he faintly acknowledged a well known voice.

Not only has he been staring at the seven guys, but they have been staring right back, not quite sure what the intentions of the random guy standing in front of them were. Felix was pretty sure the voice came from Hyunjin.
The one he tapped on the shoulder.

He tapped Hwang Hyunjin on the shoulder.

No.
He can fangirl later, right now he needs to get out of this extremely uncomfortable situation.

Ah yes sorry…ehm…can…help me?”

Can he just vanish now please? What kind of sentence was that?!
In a normal situation he would be proud of himself for even remembering to speak Korean and with the few words he knew, how to build a sentence.

But this was anything but a normal situation.
He was standing in front of his idols for gods sake.

“Eh yeah sure. With what exactly do you need help?”
He was so fucked.
What the hell did he just say?
Even with his minimal vocabulary he understood nothing.
Not really helping that his brain was mush right now anyways.

“Eh…English?”
Wow, Felix just wow. 

“Ah yes sure, so what do you need help with?” Chan started, now going infront of Hyunjin in a protective manner.
Felix can’t blame him.
He’d also be creeped out by the homeless looking, non-Korean speaking guy in the supermarket.

“Could you maybe help me reach the flour, please? I’m too small…”  Really smart of him to ask if almost half of the guys are even smaller than him.

“Yeah sure mate.”
Mate. Right Chan must have already realized his Aussi accent.

Hyun, could you maybe help him get the flour? He said he can’t reach it.”
“ Yeah I understood. Where is it?”
“ Just down the aisle. Thank you so much.”

Walking down the aisle behind Felix, Hyunjin extended his arm effortlessly, his fingers brushing against the shelf as he pulled down the flour with ease.
His movements were graceful, almost as if he was performing one of his choreographies and Felix couldn’t help but be mesmerized to see this in person.
As he handed the bag to Felix, their eyes met briefly.
Felix could see the caution but also something else in Hyunjin's eyes.

“Here you go,” Hyunjin said, his tone polite but reserved.
“T-thanks a lot,” Felix said obviously very nervous.

You thought the embarrassment stops here?
Well to Felix’s dismay you are absolutely wrong.

Because as soon as Hyunjin let go, the strength in Felix’s arms gave out and his whole upper body came crashing down along with the heavy flour bag.
Luckily he was able to catch himself before completely falling onto his face he thought…until he realized who was standing in front of him.