·. 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒞𝓁𝑜𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒𝓈 ·.

THE GYMNASIUM AT Merlin Academy was a vibrant spectacle. Lights danced across the polished floor, illuminating the faces of the excited audience. The air buzzed with anticipation as the annual dance showcase reached its peak. Maleficent stood backstage, her costume—a dramatic mix of deep purples and blacks—gleaming under the stage lights. She was a picture of poised elegance, though her nerves were anything but calm.

Hades, clad in his sleek black outfit with electric blue accents, stood beside her. His face was a mask of controlled intensity, but his eyes betrayed a hint of anxiety. The performance they were about to give was more than just a routine—it was a statement, a chance to confront their issues head-on. 

"Are you sure you're not secretly a nervous wreck under that cool facade?" Maleficent asked, arching an eyebrow at Hades. 

She had tried it lighten up the mood from their past argument, although they argued they still had that playful relationship with each other despite everything. She was obviously still mad.

Hades smirked, though it was clear his confidence was partly a front. "I'm as calm as a volcano in hibernation. You, on the other hand, look like you're about to face a dragon." 

"Funny," Maleficent replied, rolling her eyes. "If I could, I'd turn this gym into a dragon's lair just to spice things up and maybe turn into one."

As the stage manager signaled their imminent entrance, Hades took Maleficent's hand. "Avoid making a fool out of yourself."

"Speak for yourself," Maleficent said, squeezing his hand before letting go. "I'm already preparing my acceptance speech for 'Best Performance Under Extreme Pressure.'" 

The audience's applause grew louder as the previous act ended. Maleficent and Hades exchanged a final glance, a silent agreement passing between them. They stepped onto the stage, their movements synchronized as they began their routine. They weren't always on good terms but one thing but one thing they were good at was being in perfect harmony while dancing.

The music started—a haunting melody that set the mood for their performance. Maleficent and Hades moved together with practiced ease, their choreography a blend of intricate footwork and dramatic lifts. The routine was designed to showcase their chemistry, and despite the tension between them, their movements were smooth and graceful.

Their faces came close during a particularly dramatic lift, their breaths mingling in the charged space between them. Maleficent could feel the intensity of Hades's gaze, a mix of frustration and something softer that she couldn't quite place. The audience watched in rapt attention, their eyes locked on the central pair. 

The routine continued with a breathtaking lift where Hades hoisted Maleficent high above the stage. Their faces were mere inches apart, the connection between them almost palpable. The audience gasped, their collective breath held as the two performers seemed to defy gravity. 

As they completed the routine and struck their final pose, the applause was deafening. Maleficent and Hades held their position for a moment before stepping back, their faces flushed and their breaths coming in quick bursts.

The backstage area buzzed with the remnants of excitement as the audience's cheers gradually faded. Maleficent and Hades stood apart, the weight of their unresolved issues hanging heavy in the air. The performance had been a showcase of their chemistry, but now, with the crowd gone and the music silenced, their underlying tensions surfaced.