·. 𝒮𝒽𝒾𝒻𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓈 ·.

THE ROOM WAS dim, bathed in the golden hue of early morning light seeping through the cracks in the heavy curtains. The silence was punctuated only by the soft rustling of the packed boxes scattered around the small space. Maleficent sat on the edge of the bed, her heart pounding in her chest as she stared at the small white test on the nightstand. The plus sign was stark against the stark white background, a simple indicator of a reality that was beginning to sink in. 

Hades, still in a daze, stood by the window, his back turned to her as he tried to process the news. His shoulders were tense, and his hands fidgeted with the hem of his shirt. He had seen that plus sign, but the enormity of it all was still catching up with him. The test was a silent testament to a future he hadn't anticipated, and the gravity of the situation seemed almost too much to bear. 

Maleficent watched him, her emotions a turbulent storm of anxiety and uncertainty. She had hoped for a different reaction, perhaps a more immediate plan of action or even just some sign that they could face this together. But instead, there was only this painful silence between them. 

Hades finally turned to face her, his expression a mix of confusion and something softer—an undercurrent of concern that he was trying to mask. "We're... having a child?" His voice was barely above a whisper, filled with a disbelief that mirrored her own. 

Maleficent felt a lump rise in her throat. She had hoped that the reality of the situation would become easier to grasp, but it only seemed to weigh heavier. She glanced down at her hands, which were trembling slightly. "I guess we are," she said quietly, her voice barely audible.

The words hung in the air, and the silence that followed was thick with the weight of their unspoken fears. Hades took a deep breath, stepping closer to her. He placed a hand on her shoulder, his touch warm and reassuring despite the turmoil in his eyes. "I don't know how we're going to do this, but we will. Together." 

Maleficent looked away, her thoughts racing. "But how? On that island... is that really the place to raise a child?" Her voice trembled as she spoke, the doubts and fears she had been trying to suppress finally breaking free. 

Hades sighed, the sound heavy with frustration and helplessness. "I don't know. But we'll figure it out. We have to." 

·.༄࿔

The next morning, the air in their room felt suffocatingly still. Maleficent awoke with a start, her stomach churning violently. She barely managed to get out of bed before she was rushing to the bathroom, the nausea hitting her like a tidal wave. She leaned over the toilet, her body convulsing as she threw up. 

Hades, now more attuned to her condition, followed her with a worried expression. He stood outside the bathroom door, listening to the sounds of her distress. "Mal, are you okay?" he called softly, his voice laced with concern. 

"I'm fine," she managed to croak from inside, though her voice was strained. She didn't want to admit how bad she felt, not wanting to burden him further. She rinsed her mouth with cold water and splashed her face, hoping the coolness would help with the persistent nausea. 

Hades stepped into the bathroom, placing a gentle hand on her back. "You don't look fine. Let me help." 

Maleficent waved him off, her face pale and drawn. "I'll be okay. It's just... morning sickness."

He hesitated, his worry palpable. "If you're sure..." 

"I'm sure," she replied, though her tone lacked conviction. She stood up, steadying herself against the sink. "Let's just... get through today."