·. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐸𝒹𝑔𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝒯𝓇𝓊𝓉𝒽 ·.

THE EARLY MORNING light filtered through the translucent curtains of Maleficent's dorm room, casting a soft, golden hue over the tangled sheets where Maleficent and Hades lay entwined. The remnants of their passionate night lingered in the air, a subtle reminder of the deep connection they had explored. Maleficent stirred first, her eyes fluttering open to find Hades still asleep beside her. She took a moment to study his relaxed features, feeling a mix of comfort and confusion.

Hades stirred, blinking sleepily as he noticed Maleficent by the window. "Morning," he murmured, his voice husky with sleep.

Maleficent offered a hesitant smile. "Morning."

Hades propped himself up on one elbow, his gaze curious. "How are you feeling? About last night, I mean."

Maleficent sighed, her smile faltering. "Confused. It was intense, and now I'm not sure what to make of it all."

Hades reached out, brushing a strand of hair from her face. "It was intense, but not necessarily in a bad way. We just need to figure out what it means for us."

Maleficent's expression grew serious as she sat on the edge of the bed. "I've never been good at letting people in, and last night... I let down my guard. It felt right, but now I'm second-guessing everything."

Hades sat up, his concern evident. "It wasn't a mistake. We both needed to be honest about our feelings. But it's okay to be scared. We don't have to have everything figured out right away."

Maleficent looked down, her hands fidgeting. "What if we don't know what we want? What if this leads to more complications?"

Hades took her hand gently. "We might face challenges, but I'd rather face them with you than be alone. We'll work through it together."

Maleficent met his gaze, seeking reassurance. "I hope you're right."

·.༄࿔

Later that morning, Maleficent and Hades joined their friends—Eve, Cruella, and others—in the common area of the dorm. The group was engaged in lighthearted conversation, with Eve and Cruella discussing their plans for the weekend. As Maleficent and Hades entered, the room's atmosphere shifted slightly. 

Cruella smirked, raising an eyebrow. "Look who decided to join us. I hope last night's excitement was worth the early wake-up call." 

Maleficent gave her a wry smile. "Good morning. We were just catching up." 

Eve's gaze flicked between them with a knowing look. "You two looked pretty cozy last night. Everything alright?" 

Hades cleared his throat, trying to deflect. "We're just trying to get back to normal." 

Cruella leaned in, her tone teasing. "Normal, huh? From where I'm standing, it looks like you two are playing a very interesting game." 

Maleficent's cheeks flushed slightly, but she maintained her composure. "We're just figuring things out." 

Eve and Cruella exchanged knowing glances but didn't press further. The conversation shifted, but the lingering comments and glances made Maleficent's discomfort evident. 

As the day progressed, Maleficent found herself increasingly distant. The weight of her emotions from the previous night was evident in her interactions. When she and Hades found a quiet spot in the garden later, the tension between them was palpable. 

Hades broke the silence, his voice tinged with frustration. "You've been distant all day. What's going on?" 

Maleficent sighed, looking away. "I'm trying to process everything. Last night was overwhelming. I'm unsure how to handle these feelings and I don't want to mess things up by rushing into something."

Hades stepped closer, his expression serious. "Avoiding the issue won't help. We need to address this, not ignore it." 

Maleficent's eyes flashed with frustration. "It's not that simple. I don't know how to balance what we have with everything else going on. I don't want to make things worse." 

Hades reached out, his voice gentle but firm. "We need to face this together. Avoiding it won't solve anything. We need to be honest and deal with our fears." 

Maleficent looked at him, her resolve softening. "You're right. I'm sorry for pushing you away. I'm just afraid of what might happen if we don't handle this carefully." 

Hades took her hand in his, his touch reassuring. "We'll figure it out. We don't need all the answers now. We just need to be honest with each other and face things together." 

Maleficent nodded, a sense of relief washing over her. "Okay. Let's take it one step at a time." 

As the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the garden, Maleficent and Hades found a quiet bench. The tranquility of the evening seemed to ease their tension. 

Maleficent leaned against Hades, resting her head on his shoulder. "Thank you for being patient with me." 

Hades kissed her forehead gently. "I'll always be here for you. We're in this together." 

They sat in comfortable silence, the weight of their earlier conversation lifting. The stars began to twinkle in the sky, and Maleficent felt a renewed sense of hope.

·.༄࿔

-Very short chapter cause I have homework to finish before tomorrow! And for those who LOVED my Crimson Heart story, I just made a new Bridget x Hook story!! Called The Forbidden Love pls go show it love and support!