Chapter 1

Addison just wanted to end her life. She just lost her job - the only source of income she had.

Her mum was in the hospital and she tried as much as possible to raise something for her mum's medical bills.

She walked home when a car parked right in front of her and she was so ready to vent her anger on the person but calmed down when her Aubrey came down.

"Hey babe, what are you doing here?". She asked, trying to cheer herself up and hug him but stopped when he ignored her and opened the other seat for someone else.

Kayla, her best friend.

"Kayla?". She pondered.

As she came down, Aubrey slid his hand under her waist and Addie just stared at the drama.

"What's going on?". She asked and Aubrey smiled.

"Oh, I see you're too dull to understand what is going on. But it's fine, I'll be patient enough to explain". He mocked.

Addie folded her arms and stared at him.

"I'm listening". She blurted while Kayla shamelessly clinged to him as he smiled at her every now and then.

"Kayla and I would be getting married in three days". Aubrey said which got Addie numbed.

She burst out laughing anyways which made the couple stare at her in confusion.

"Oh really?". She said and had another round of laughter.

"Yes". Kayla stated in a sarcastic manner.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but am already engaged. I was thinking of a way to tell you but since you shamelessly decided to stoop so low to disgrace your reputation, obviously not mine, I decided to just let the cat out of the bag". Addie said and flung her hair backwards.

"What! We haven't even broken up and you were already seeing another man behind my back". Aubrey scolded and she scoffed.

"Sometimes I really wonder if you really have a mind of your own or you both share the same empty brain. You cheated first before I did and I can never be with a man without any future". Addie replied and Kayla was already pissed off.

" Shut up, you piece of trash. Which man will ever want to be with a piece of trash". Kayla said .

"Exactly my point. A piece of trash like you will only be suitable for a piece of trash." Addie answered.

Kayla threw two invitation cards at her and folded her arms

"You and your fiancé are invited to our wedding. If you don't come, then you are a piece of trash". Kayla giggled.

"And if I come....."

"I'll tell everyone that I'm a snitch ". Kayla agreed and they both got into their car and drove off.

Addie's shoulders slumped in weakness and walked home.

She wouldn't ever be able to attend their wedding because she wasn't engaged like she had said and she was really pained that Aubrey didn't really love her and was already planning on getting married to her best friend.

Addison lived alone in her little apartment where she stayed and tried to raise money to pay for her mum's medical bills.

But luck has never really been on her side because she has been humiliated countless times by lenders.

She just lost her job because she wasn't really ready to give her boss what he wanted.

"Addison, to my office". He ordered and she quickly paused her activity and went into his office.